E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

very bad news

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Sorry to hear that. You know the hood is damn expensive because is made out of aluminum. I am being very careful with this car coz don't want to get any front end damage from aggressive driving.

Good luck with your repair and only time can heal the pain (and your wallet of course )
Old 03-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i (10/03) Sport, 6, bk/bk, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Active Headlights, Tinted Windows, Clear Bra! Winter wheels 'plastic dipped'

bummer...sorry to hear that. just the thought gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi gago818,

Sorry to hear about your accident. A couple of thoughts:

1) Get the repair job done right. I too have Titanium Silver (TiAg) for my E60, *and* my former 328i. I've heard that TiAg is very hard to match; therefore, they *will* want to suggest having the areas around the damage also paint blended. A good body shop can do this very, very well. I also heard that at the Vehicle Processing Center in Oxnard (where the E60's arrive on the West Coast) they will not pre-paint an /M-Aero kit for a TiAg painted car. Rather, they'll wait for the car to arrive and then match the color.

SPECIAL WARNING: Our E60s were built using the "Grav 60" (?) process, whereby aluminum and steel are joined together. If repairs are not done properly, there will be rust introduced into the system (a.k.a. accelerated aging). There is also a special BMW alignment bench that must be used to ensure that your E60 is properly aligned. If not checked, you could have vibration problems at higher speeds.

Unfortunately I'm from the Bay Area and only know of quality body shops in this area (that have the BMW Alignment bench, BMW specified welding and pop rivet tools, BMW "blue" glue). There are plenty of SoCal folks (Blackonblackonblack and CentralCali) that an help you. PM them.

2) /M-Aero kit? You bet. Go for it. You now have a good reason to get it.

3) Getting parts? eBay is an option. I've bought plenty of parts from eBay. Be sure to buy from a person who has a good eBay rating. I have seen quite a few E60 parts on eBay. Roveractive is an eBay seller that seems to have a lot of E60 parts.

Best of luck with things. I *KNOW* that things will be better soon. You have a great car -- Start thinking about when this car is back up and running. PM me if you have any further questions.

-CoolTones
Old 03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Members

I would really like to thank everyone for their kind words and great advice. Your really cheering me up, because for a moment there I almost dont want my E60 back because its been hit. But I guess you guys motivated me to keep it and get it fixed. Once again I would like to thank everyone for the advice, If you know anyone with some parts for my damages please send them my way.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

gago818, did you buy the car from a dealership or from a private party? If it's from dealership it should have insurance covered for one month by the dealership (I think, I don't remember exactly how long now). So check with them.