E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

version 16.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I just got my car back from a 9 day stint at the dealer for squeeking brakes, i drive crash, cd player skipping, auto lights staying on and the software upgrade with the hope of BLUETOOTH:

Well after a week, No Bluetooth took 16.2 upgraded without a hitch (did have to replace the light module though.

Had to shave down the indicator on the brakes to stop noise (a service buliton is out on this fix according to my mechanic

replaced light control module per software update

ordered a new cd player for the skipping problem should be here next week, will need another reprograming ( maybe crash and get bluetooth)

The things that i have noticed about the 16.2: My car idles dead solid now, no throttle lag car seems faster.

Also I drive seems to boot quicker and does not flicker at night

I also noticed the words SMS in the communications menue, does anyone know what this is does or stand for it is disabled i asked the tech he did not know i would really like my phone reactivated like it was when i got the car is this possible?
Old 05-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

In cell phone terms SMS stands for Short Message Service or more commonly text message.

Streak
Old 05-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by streak' date='May 29 2005, 01:57 AM
In cell phone terms SMS stands for Short Message Service or more commonly text message

Thanks Streak that is what i was thinking but was not really sure. Dang haveing all the things in this car would be great, but atleast nothing else drives like it thanks again.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver Metallic, Steptronic, Sports package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Premium Package, Xenon Headlights, Navigation,PDC European delivery

Originally Posted by buddy' date='May 28 2005, 11:28 PM
I just got my car back from a 9 day stint at the dealer for squeeking brakes, i drive crash, cd player skipping, auto lights staying on and the software upgrade with the hope of BLUETOOTH:

Well after a week, No Bluetooth took 16.2 upgraded without a hitch (did have to replace the light module though.
Buddy,

Just arrived in Richmond on 29 May, stationed here (
Ft Lee) as discussed some months ago. Can you put me in contact with someone that may have a copy or can make a copy of the Nav CD for the 5'r.? My vehicle wont arrive from Germany until the first week of July, cant wait!? We must hang out when it arrives.?

Had to shave down the indicator on the brakes to stop noise (a service buliton is out on this fix according to my mechanic

replaced light control module per software update

ordered a new cd player for the skipping problem should be here next week, will need another reprograming ( maybe crash and get bluetooth)

The things that? i have noticed about the 16.2:? My car idles dead solid now, no throttle lag car seems faster.

Also I drive seems to boot quicker and does not flicker at night

I also noticed the words SMS in the communications menue, does anyone know what this is does or stand for it is disabled i asked the tech he did not know i would really like my phone reactivated like it was when i got the car is this possible?
[snapback]134189[/snapback]
Old 05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by buddy' date='May 29 2005, 06:28 AM
[snapback]134189[/snapback]
Short Message Service
To write short text messages and send them to other cellphones.