E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Version 15 is in South Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I put my car into DeSimone BMW, in Marlton, NJ for the Bluetooth upgrade. Of course it was to be a 1 hour job and it won't be done until tomorrow.

The tech said they were a test site for the rollout of V15 and my car was going to get it.

Does anybody know what features I should expect? Keep 'ya posted...
Old 12-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Members

Hopefully, MP3 will be supported on v.15. Once your car gets v15 update, please test MP3 CD on the single in dash CD, DVD in dash, 6 CD changer. Check to see if RDS is enabled, if you have Navigation. Let us know, if there are any difference in Active Steering feel and i-drive boot up time.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

i talked to my service rep today again,
BMW of Fort Myers, FL
and she said that V15 was supposed to be released to them within the coming week. They have addressed issues such as LONG boot up time, freezing issues, which mine has been doing mroe & more, and lag once its functional.

these are just to name the ones that directly impacted my case - i did not request the full list of "bug fixes".
Old 12-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Contributors

wnrussell

How much are you paying for the upgrade? I live close by in Haddonfield and have not had much success with DeSimone. Tried to get them to do the AUX - IN input for my MP3 player and no luck. Who are you dealing with?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Talked to my dealer in Sioux Falls, SD and he checked online and said the latest CIP code available to him is 13.3. Is there a way he can get v15 from BMW?

I'm scheduled to get the emissions recall, Bluetooth retrofit and aux input in the next week...
Old 12-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mandviwa' date='Dec 20 2004, 07:43 PM
wnrussell

How much are you paying for the upgrade? I live close by in Haddonfield and have not had much success with DeSimone. Tried to get them to do the AUX - IN input for my MP3 player and no luck. Who are you dealing with?

Thanks!
[snapback]70941[/snapback]
The Bluetooth upgrade (to V13.3 or higher) is supposed to take 1 hour = $95 , but I will see tomorrow when I get the car back. However, I had some other software complaints as follows: Actually, some people are getting the BT upgrade for free http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...=poll+bluetooth

Intermittent problems:
a. The volume knob on the radio mutes it, only. Many times I turn the car on, the radio/CD comes on. Even if it was muted before. How do I turn the radio OFF?
b. All sound goes off intermittently. Nav, chimes, entertainment, everything mutes.
c. Deactivated "Window Anti-Trap" message comes on once in a while. Put up and down driver window and it cancels the message.
d. I-Drive screen blacks out about twice a month.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545iA Orient Blue, Beige/Poplar, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Logic 7, CWP, PDC, Fold Downs, Sunshades, Bluetooth and “Sweeeeet”

I'm in Medford and went to DeSimone last week to have a fuel flooding and hesitation problem looked at and also about the Aux input, no RDS and version upgrade. They told me that 13.3 is the latest; no aux input for the E60; RDS not available and the reason the car flooded on occasion was from starting the engine and turning it off too quickly when moving cars in the driveway when it's cold out. They have excuses for everything!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Since we talking South Jersey - Philly area, what dealership Do you guys use?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

JMK BMW Springfield New Jersey...
Old 12-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Contributors

Iceman was right, as always. Version 15 was nothing to write home about. Here is what the tech says was updated. There is supposed to be an official bulletin in a couple of weeks:

Some transmission programming issues were resolved, FTP fixed, radio on when opening door sequence problem, numerous problems with CD including wrong CD# displayed.

The I-Drive seems to boot faster and navigates through the menus with less lag time if you are fast at the controls.

Sorry, no RDS until 15.2 he said. And I'll check out the MP3 but he did not think so.

I also got a new NAV disk, so I will let you know about that after I check out the car some more.

Quick Reply: Version 15 is in South Jersey