E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ventilated seats - ja oder nein

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='431003' date='Jun 2 2007, 01:04 AM
What did you order (besides the ventilated seats)?
550i sport with sport auto and pretty much every option except the anthracite headliner...
Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='431004' date='Jun 2 2007, 01:06 AM
550i sport with sport auto and pretty much every option except the anthracite headliner...
Factory delivery?
Car sounds nice.
What color?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='431005' date='Jun 2 2007, 01:10 AM
Factory delivery?
Car sounds nice.
What color?
Not sure exactly what you mean by "factory delivery" -- if you mean Performance Center, then no, not this time. I'm taking "normal" delivery at the dealership.

It's going to be Alpine White with beige (ventilated) and light poplar wood. (I just now took another look at one of the printouts I got from the dealer and I don't see a wood type anywhere on it. I wonder if that means they didn't order the light poplar? Since nothing is listed, maybe they did and I just don't have the proper printout? The light/dark poplar thing was something I kept tossing a coin about. I think the car looks good with either one but finally decided on light. I guess we'll see what happens if they forgot -- maybe I'll have them switch it out and maybe I won't...)

Here's the option list:
Sport automatic transmission
Beige Nasca Leather
Cold weather package
Sport package
Active steering
Rear airbags
Comfort access
Power rear sunshade w/side sunshades
Ventilated seats
Fold-down rear seats
Heated rear seats
Lane departure warning
Active cruise control
Navigation
HUD
Night vision
HD radio
Satellite radio
Premium hi-fi
iPod and USB adapter
RTTI

I should look something like this (except with paddles and a different shifter):

Ventilated seats - ja oder nein-2008e60interior.jpg

Ventilated seats - ja oder nein-2008e60.jpg

Ventilated seats - ja oder nein-2008e60rear.jpg
Old 06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Great choice Rudy! I have the same color combo.....except a couple years older
Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I would consider them as $1000 option. But the with all the NASCA etc pre-requisites I could not justify them to myself.

My only experience with this option was in a Lincoln LS and it was very hot day so I tried it. At first I thought I had pee'd in my pants. The cold sensation felt weird. Then I felt the comfort of the cool air followed by my back stiffening. On really warm days getting in and out of airconditioning is bad for the bones and muscles. I figured Ventilated seats would just be like paying $3500 for a back ache.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Contributors

I had a 750i as a service loaner for 3 weeks last summer - the ventalated seats work beautifully. I wasn't sold on them until I got to experience them, now I would definately consider them for my next car even though I don't live in a hot climate.

Great car Rudy!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Members

If you take long drives in your car I would say yes. After a 6 hour drive your back does not sweat and your shirt does not stick to you. However if you set it on high level after 5 minutes you feel like your bottom is wet or you've peed in your pants. We usually use it on long drives and not in the city.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='431006' date='Jun 2 2007, 01:14 AM
Not sure exactly what you mean by "factory delivery" -- if you mean Performance Center, then no, not this time. I'm taking "normal" delivery at the dealership.
Factory delivery means delivery at the Munich factory delivery center.

The car looks great!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

It's going to be Alpine White with beige (ventilated) and light poplar wood. (I just now took another look at one of the printouts I got from the dealer and I don't see a wood type anywhere on it. I wonder if that means they didn't order the light poplar? Since nothing is listed, maybe they did and I just don't have the proper printout? The light/dark poplar thing was something I kept tossing a coin about. I think the car looks good with either one but finally decided on light. I guess we'll see what happens if they forgot -- maybe I'll have them switch it out and maybe I won't...)

Here's the option list:
Sport automatic transmission
Beige Nasca Leather
Cold weather package
Sport package
Active steering
Rear airbags
Comfort access
Power rear sunshade w/side sunshades
Ventilated seats
Fold-down rear seats
Heated rear seats
Lane departure warning
Active cruise control
Navigation
HUD
Night vision
HD radio
Satellite radio
Premium hi-fi
iPod and USB adapter
RTTI

I should look something like this (except with paddles and a different shifter):

Attachment 33248

Attachment 33249

Attachment 33250

Rudy, very nice car; I would caution you about the wood trim though, my experiance has been that dealers will not swap these panals out, Iv'e told this is factory only. Good luck
Old 06-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

FWIW, the light wood was listed as "Wood Trim" on my order and on the option list in bmwusa's Owners' Circle. Did you look there to see how BMW has the order in their system?

Quick Reply: Ventilated seats - ja oder nein