E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: how many of you valet
Yes
19.70%
NO
63.64%
Pay more and self valet
16.67%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

VALET OR NOT TO VALET?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Cool

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='1013126' date='Sep 21 2009, 05:57 PM
sup guys im curious to know how many of you valet your cars, Do you trust the valet guys with your machine...

I for one Never ever ever Valet because I dont like anyone driving my car. I especially fear someone cracking my Hamann Lip. I once did and i had to warn the guy to watch the lip because my car was lowerd.. needless to say I was nervous as hell. here in miami if I go somewhere and lets say valet is 20 i usually pay double to park it myself right infront of where the Venue is, my girl thinks im nuts but it beats paying 1300 for another lip and not to mention peace of mind..

I also know people who have valet in the past and iv'e heard crazyyy stories about things coming up missing from major things down to just loose change in the car and that always makes me un easy...

If you have a story about a valet exp please share.. wondering how many of you Valet choose not to or go the 3rd route which is pay more to park right infront your self..
---
ONLY at upper end resturants and depending on the valet, and I still don't like anyone driving my BMW, but myself and my girlfriend, (as long as Im in the car with her and she's not drunk, LOL)

Eddie
Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i valet myself. I tell them no one drives this car but me. I hold out the money and tell them if I dont get to park my own car and keep my own keys, I'll park it elsewhere. 9 out of 10 times they lemme park.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

never have put the e60 through valet.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Never. Did it two times. For the 2nd time, they gave me a new car with a scratched bumper and didn't tell me. It was in a hotel in Switzerland. That's 50% chance your car gets damaged + the guy farts in it. Never.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I valet. The trick is to tip the valet person in advance. As a matter of fact, I will be attending a conference in Boston in a couple of hours and the only way to get a reasonable parking spot is to valet. I'll be sure to tip the guy a 10 spot in advance and he will practically guard the car with his life.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by lospice1' post='1013152' date='Sep 21 2009, 06:24 PM
As a former valet, I never valet park my car. I would never valet a sports car. Trust me. Don't do it...if you have a choice.
Will
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

I never valet. I'll drop my wife off and drive around looking for an end spot. Also, I never ever take up two spots cause that's just asking to get keyed. IMHO
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

As a former Valet, I would not recommend it at all. It was 10-12 years ago - I'd take sweet cars out for a quick joy ride, come back 10 minutes later (or less) and park it "up front" where the guy told me to...AFTER he tipped me 10-20 for the upfront parking. I used to valet at the mall, so there was less chance of them coming out to check up on it unlike at a restaurant or something. I once needed a new remote for my disc changer and found a car with the same one, so yup....i snagged it. Sometimes people forget they have money in the car, or are in a rush and dont realize whats out in the open or easily accessible. During the holiday season rush, the valet/mall area was insane. It was too easy to swipe a few bucks here and there. I would never take change cuz thas lame, but any greenbacks were mine. When the person comes back to get the car, a different guy would pull it back up. No one would remember who parked what anyway. The easiest way to keep valets from going through your car is:
A) Just dont valet.
If you must valet, always keep a nice clean car with things in order and in place. Thats almost a valet rule. A clean car means the person will notice if anything has been touched, moved, etc.
C) If you must valet, just let the guy know that you know every inch of the vehicle inside and out and tell em he looks like a nice guy but you dont know about the rest of em. Tell him you want only HIM to handle it, and then tip em well. That way he's accountable.
D) If you must valet, ALWAYS leave it up front for a higher charge. Well worth it.

Thats my two cents.

Cars I've thoroughly enjoyed at the valet: Tons of vette's, NSX, 911's (even if it was around the parking lot), Cobras, and basically anything that was cool/hadpower,looked fun.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

I use taxis. No need to even think about valets.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

Originally Posted by melimel' post='1013714' date='Sep 22 2009, 08:06 AM
First off, I think za3879 pilfering is morally irreprehensible. When I wAs 16yo I worked as a valet and did from time to time took the long way to park. I was young and had Porsche posters on my wall. Needless to say when a 911 pulled up, I took it for a test drive. I know it wasn't the professional thing to do, but Porsche fever got the best of me.
Will

Quick Reply: VALET OR NOT TO VALET?