E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US spec MY2008 E60.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just got the product update from DCSNet here and I'm almost kinda bummed out about the new cool stuff that the 550i sport is gonna get. The new optional sport package includes:

- M Sport suspension
- Differentiated exhaust pipes with a sportier sound exhaust
- 19" double spoke alloy with NON-RUN flat tires
- Aero kit with body colored side rocker panels
- Power folding mirrors standard on 550i (I really wanted this in my MY2007!)
- Carbon black metallic is exclusive to 550i models that are equipped with the sports package

Aside from that there are the same interior touches as mentioned in the other threads. I could care less for the interior changes, I don't even like the new shifter and much less the vibrating steering wheel due to the lane departure feature. The new headlight and tail light changes are okay I guess, but I'll have to see them in person.

Another cool option is the iPod/USD Adapter which allows you to full intergrate the iPod's functionality into iDrive when connected. Note that interface allows you to show the track songs/names on the vehicle screen.

What do you guys think? Good stuff in the sports package eh?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Good stuff, yes indeed. The 550i Sport with all those goodies makes it tempting to trade up. And Carbon Black may just seal the deal (you can't even get that on an M5 without paying tons extra).

But the best part is the new gearboxes. The new 'regular' automatic tranny drops 0.3 seconds on the 550i, from 5.6 seconds 0-62 mph down to 5.3 seconds. I can't wait to find out more about the sports auto trans.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tachyon,
Are you serious about trading? It costs you at least 10-15K

It's so tempting, but, enough is never enough
Old 01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by Torquey5' post='376440' date='Jan 10 2007, 02:12 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just got the product update from DCSNet here and I'm almost kinda bummed out about the new cool stuff that the 550i sport is gonna get. The new optional sport package includes:

- M Sport suspension
- Differentiated exhaust pipes with a sportier sound exhaust
- 19" double spoke alloy with NON-RUN flat tires
- Aero kit with body colored side rocker panels
- Power folding mirrors standard on 550i (I really wanted this in my MY2007!)
- Carbon black metallic is exclusive to 550i models that are equipped with the sports package
Aside from that there are the same interior touches as mentioned in the other threads. I could care less for the interior changes, I don't even like the new shifter and much less the vibrating steering wheel due to the lane departure feature. The new headlight and tail light changes are okay I guess, but I'll have to see them in person.

Another cool option is the iPod/USD Adapter which allows you to full intergrate the iPod's functionality into iDrive when connected. Note that interface allows you to show the track songs/names on the vehicle screen.

What do you guys think? Good stuff in the sports package eh?
Definitely!!! When I pre-ordered my 550i last month with the sports package, I was contemplating the Aero kit. But was not fond of it getting installed and painted at the VPC. There were complaints from others on the forum that the paint didn't match and there were drip marks. Now it is coming from the factory installed, I am happy about that. Can't wait until April or May delivery.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Damn it I know! Man well I guess I can't complain too much since I got my car under the employee lease deal. And I know if I had waited until the car came out then the rates will probably be much higher. I got helluva rate deal back in Dec when I got the car.

Tachyon - Go test drive the new X5 4.8i and you can get an idea of how it's like. When we got out demos I drove both the 6 and 8 cylinders and indeed the tapping up and down is much easier and quicker, but only because there's like no travel. It's like a toy! The steps in our cars have a better feel to it, granted it takes some force but it just feels better. One thing that I noticed is that on the new shifter in the X5s you can easily bump into it and make it shift by accident if you're in the manual mode, that's how easy it is to shift!

I don't regret my purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!