E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

URGENT! What would you pay for this E60?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vikingshelmut
Thanks Chuck, I thought I had posted the follow up link but I guess in my excitement I forgot
No worries; That is one nicely optioned 550I. Enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Amen to that! I bought a Metallic Green/ Brown int. CPO 535i w 27k mi. For 35k with everything except HUD & lane departure... And I like it 'cause it's distinctive, so there are good deals to be had. I bought mine a month ago, and in love with it biggest time!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by healthservices
If you cannot see yourself being able to walk, they got you by the nuts...
Agreed, offer 40k and walk. We're not young males anymore, don't be like my 23yr old cousin who (just got his CS degree and got his first good paying job and) walked into the Nissan dealership and got raped for 3k on his 2010 370z.

I so wish that kid would've consulted with me first. Instead, he walked in loving that car and those sales guys knew it.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightct
I worked for dealership before and i am a car wholesaler right now ... ask them for the service record and the invocie. combine the price together if u can get it below invoice $500 it is a good deal already. Usually only huge dealer will do below invoice unless the car stay in the lot for a long long time. But beware of this, they will deal with their own service department and charge a lot to get the smog and safety done. Hope this will help

Also, demand to see the actual CPO certificate and go over each inspection with you. I've heard some horror stories of dealers just casually checking things off, only to find out later the car's been in an accident and the bumper's been repainted, yet they still passed it off as CPO.

What are the car sites' estimates on a car like that? You look those up yet?

kbb.com
edmunds.com
nada.com

Get an average, seems like a good way to get a reference price.

$40k seems a bit steep to me but then again, I got a killer deal on my 2006 530xi during the height of the recession...about $8-10k below those site's average trade-in prices. So, seems like to me there's definitely a lot of room to negotiate. Just remember to keep your poker face on.