E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

URGENT! What would you pay for this E60?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2008

So I think I finally found the E60 in the color combo I want at a dealer out of state. It's a 2008 550 CPO w/32k miles, with the following packages: M-sport, premium, cold weather, CA, Nav, PDC, HUD, FLIR, shades, active steering, lane departure, and the fancy perforated leather. It basically has every single option I know of. Looks like it is in good condition, and the dealer is currently asking $45k. I was hoping to find one that was in the $40k mark, and I think part of the price is for items I'm not necessarily interested in paying for.

What would you pay for this car? Would it be possible to get 4-5k off of the price? It's been on the lot for only 16 days. If I can get the right price for it I want to buy it tomorrow.

BTW I have the VIN if anyone can see if it was purchased at auction and for what.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Contributors

figure out what you want to pay and offer it, if they say no there are more bmws out in the world that you can buy
Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Contributors

$40k sounds about right. Don't think I would pay more. Make the offer and walk away - they'll call you in 2 weeks and accept.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Members

Only problem is this is a rare color combo. I've literally only seen 3 of these in the last year. I definitely plan on coming in low, I just don't know what's too low. KBB says trade-in for similar car is around $38k, and I'll assume auction price is less. Wondering what anyone else with a similar car paid for theirs.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

If you cannot see yourself being able to walk, they got you by the nuts...
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

I would get the clean wholesale book price for the car and offer a couple of thousand over. Don't let the dealer hit a home run on you; unless you just can't live without that car. Also, are you paying cash? If not, how much money down are you offering and how's your credit. All of these factors pay an important role in making a deal. If you're close most of the time the dealer won't blow a deal if a strong buyer is trying to purchase a car.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by IvoryJ
I would get the clean wholesale book price for the car and offer a couple of thousand over. Don't let the dealer hit a home run on you; unless you just can't live without that car. Also, are you paying cash? If not, how much money down are you offering and how's your credit. All of these factors pay an important role in making a deal. If you're close most of the time the dealer won't blow a deal if a strong buyer is trying to purchase a car.
Where do I find clean wholesale book price? Is that KBB? I'd assume I need to add a few K over wholesale just for the CPO warranty wouldn't I?

I can pay cash, or put down what ever (I have good enough credit to qualify for the 0.9). Honestly I wasn't sure which will get me the best price. On one hand I'd think cash is king, but if I financed I'd assume that they would accept lower since they will make more on interest. What do you think is best?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Members

I don't think options add any cost to used cars, only nav may be. I would say considering current economy it shouldn't cost more than $35K.
Have you tried 535? It feels as fast as 550 (if not faster thanks to huge low end torque) with much better fuel economy. You could easily add M-technik package to it for a couple of grands and make it virtually indistinguishable from 550.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hooch999
I don't think options add any cost to used cars, only nav may be. I would say considering current economy it shouldn't cost more than $35K.
Have you tried 535? It feels as fast as 550 (if not faster thanks to huge low end torque) with much better fuel economy. You could easily add M-technik package to it for a couple of grands and make it virtually indistinguishable from 550.
He is paying cash, who cares about fuel ecomony when buying a BMW. 535's are cool but there is nothing like a V8.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vikingshelmut
Only problem is this is a rare color combo. I've literally only seen 3 of these in the last year. I definitely plan on coming in low, I just don't know what's too low. KBB says trade-in for similar car is around $38k, and I'll assume auction price is less. Wondering what anyone else with a similar car paid for theirs.
Whats the COLOR COMBO ?

Quick Reply: URGENT! What would you pay for this E60?