E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Urgent help, I can not decide

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today one friend called and he's selling his E60 and gave me a good offer
for his M5 mirrors for 1,358$ + my mirrors, I don't know alot about M5s but he said they are
orginal AFM without CF what shall I do ? buy or not .....

advice me ppl shall I go to the bank and steal from my account or not ???
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Yes but I'd offer a little less
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

It depends what functions they have.

Here in Europe I paid just under 1000 EUR for brand new OEM M5 Mirrors, painted, with puddle light, heated mirrors and auto dip (when you put the car in reverse). The do not include auto-fold or auto-dimming glass.

Here in the Forums, US based private sellers have typically been selling their M5 Mirrors for around 800-1000 USD.

The offer you have of paying 1358 USD for used lights PLUS your mirrors sounds like a very bad deal to me. But I have no idea how much these trade for normally in Dubai.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
It depends what functions they have.

Here in Europe I paid just under 1000 EUR for brand new OEM M5 Mirrors, painted, with puddle light, heated mirrors and auto dip (when you put the car in reverse). The do not include auto-fold or auto-dimming glass.

Here in the Forums, US based private sellers have typically been selling their M5 Mirrors for around 800-1000 USD.

The offer you have of paying 1358 USD for used lights PLUS your mirrors sounds like a very bad deal to me. But I have no idea how much these trade for normally in Dubai.
He said they got lights, auto drip ,and auto fold (I remember folding his hands too when he was explaining to me)
my stock mirrors are cheap here thanks for junkyards they sell each less than 150$
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by dxb_8788
He said they got lights, auto drip ,and auto fold (I remember folding his hands too when he was explaining to me)
my stock mirrors are cheap here thanks for junkyards they sell each less than 150$
The price still seems a little high to me for second hand mirrors, but with the auto-fold function, its a lot closer to where it should be. I have the M5 Mirrors on my current car and also bought them for my previous car -- they are a MUST HAVE if you ask me. If you have compared prices (e.g. second hand and best deal on new ones), think it is a reasonable price, and importantly you can buy from a trusted source, then I would do it

One last comment, just make sure you have the correct version, because the E60's mirrors (i.e. the connectors in the door module) changed 3 times during its life time:
1) built before Sept 2005, pre-LCI model
2) built after Sept 2005, pre-LCI model
3) built after March 2007, LCI model
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

The price still seems a little high to me for second hand mirrors, but with the auto-fold function, its a lot closer to where it should be. I have the M5 Mirrors on my current car and also bought them for my previous car -- they are a MUST HAVE if you ask me. If you have compared prices (e.g. second hand and best deal on new ones), think it is a reasonable price, and importantly you can buy from a trusted source, then I would do it

One last comment, just make sure you have the correct version, because the E60's mirrors (i.e. the connectors in the door module) changed 3 times during its life time:
1) built before Sept 2005, pre-LCI model
2) built after Sept 2005, pre-LCI model
3) built after March 2007, LCI model
I forgot to mention that he said something about wiring
he said he did some work to the wires to work perfectly on his car which is same model & year of mine
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

I guess it's a bad deal. I bought my OEM M5 mirrors ? 600,- with all the functions and I did not have to give my old mirrors away. Why don't you contact member 530dA, he sells M5 mirrors for a much better price.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Contributors

Have you really researched prices??...

Like I mentioned earlier and as irshad just confirmed above, you can get these cheaper second hand -- IF you can find them! (I ended up buying new ones, because I could not find any second hand ones for what I felt was reasonable money.)
However, I just entered "M5 Mirrors" into Ebay and there are a number of offers for new OEM mirrors for around 1450 USD, which is effectively the same money your friend is asking you to pay for his second hand mirrors which have had the wiring modified. It all depends on if you care about the money, but personally I would either get him to drop the price to around 1000 USD, keep searching for another deal, or just buy a new set.

(ps. Unforetunately member 530dA ran out of mirrors a while back -- that was an incredible deal. )
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

Have you really researched prices??...

Like I mentioned earlier and as irshad just confirmed above, you can get these cheaper second hand -- IF you can find them! (I ended up buying new ones, because I could not find any second hand ones for what I felt was reasonable money.)
However, I just entered "M5 Mirrors" into Ebay and there are a number of offers for new OEM mirrors for around 1450 USD, which is effectively the same money your friend is asking you to pay for his second hand mirrors which have had the wiring modified. It all depends on if you care about the money, but personally I would either get him to drop the price to around 1000 USD, keep searching for another deal, or just buy a new set.

(ps. Unforetunately member 530dA ran out of mirrors a while back -- that was an incredible deal. )
Don't forget dude 1450$ + shipping for the other side of the world + custom tax will cost me so I think I got a good price
Junkyards here sells m5 mirrors used for 1,900$ and NEW OEM cost around 2,695$ at the dealer with 10% discount
Old 10-20-2010, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dxb_8788
Don't forget dude 1450$ + shipping for the other side of the world + custom tax will cost me so I think I got a good price
Junkyards here sells m5 mirrors used for 1,900$ and NEW OEM cost around 2,695$ at the dealer with 10% discount
Well in that case, if these are from a trusted source and the price is right... buy them before the opportunity passes!

oh, and don't forget to post up pictures

Quick Reply: Urgent help, I can not decide