E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Upgraded to V32 but STILL no mp3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530D Touring in metallic grey with black leather and brushed silver trim - Msport alloys

Just an additional thought:

My vehicle is now out of warranty and has been for some time.

Does SI B65 30 05 cover me to get this done FOC from a dealer regardless of the warranty status? If so, am I going to get the run-around from them?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tripitaka' post='1022880' date='Oct 2 2009, 07:22 AM
Just an additional thought:

My vehicle is now out of warranty and has been for some time.

Does SI B65 30 05 cover me to get this done FOC from a dealer regardless of the warranty status? If so, am I going to get the run-around from them?
By rights it should, as the owner of the car when it was under warranty should have had it done and didn't. But having said that they still charged for the coding job and couldn't guarantee it would work. My car is 2003 and it is very hit and miss affair, first attempt got MP3 via IPOD interface but no MP3 playback on CCC unit. Also my screen didn't mention MP3 1,2,3,4 etc instead of CD 1,2,3,4 etc like it should. Second attempt finally got the CCC unit to play MP3 but the screen display still doesn't mention MP3 on the top or bottom text display like it should, and the high controller as to be forced to scroll down the list past the six tracks displayed. I certainly aren't taking it back again, as they might knock off what they have already got working.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530D Touring in metallic grey with black leather and brushed silver trim - Msport alloys

Thats interesting; I might drop the Gateway 500 back in and see if that plays. So flashit1, are you saying that you got charged for your work under SI B65 30 05?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

It's a "on customer complaint basis only" service bulletin. If you don't complain within the warranty period.. tough shit!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by designo' post='1022967' date='Oct 2 2009, 03:26 PM
It's a "on customer complaint basis only" service bulletin. If you don't complain within the warranty period.. tough shit!
Yeah, that is what I figured but I didn't know if they were still valid beyond the warranty period.

Some years ago I used to have an E60 that suffered with the bore wear problem and BMW changed the block out some years past warranty and with 99,000 miles on the clock. I was very impressed at the time.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Members

I asked my main dealer about the service bulletin, they knew nothing about it as it would appear to be valid in US only.

I had my i-drive software updated a few months ago to v32 by an independant dealer mainly to enable mp3, but was told I have the business CD player and the prof version is required.

I too will be fitting a Dension 500 and fingers crossed the text function will work (seen reports of both text working and not working) on non nav models.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Members

Interesting, if you look in this thread it points out that you actaully do not need to enable MP3 to get the Denison working. All you need to do is enable the OEM Ipod support as the Denison looks exactly like the OEM model to the car.

Thoughts?

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=71577
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ab_Fab' post='1023262' date='Oct 2 2009, 08:54 PM
Interesting, if you look in this thread it points out that you actaully do not need to enable MP3 to get the Denison working. All you need to do is enable the OEM Ipod support as the Denison looks exactly like the OEM model to the car.
Superb info Ab_fab!! Like I said, I don't need the in-dash MP3; it's just a hoop I'm jumping through to get the GW500 working. I'll re-install it and report back but even if I need a re-code at least I can get the Ipod OEM retrofit done and that may solve the problem.

You guys are a superb help.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Members

So, having read through the thread linked in post #17 and sitting down with a brew to think, I came up with a plan.

Remove the CDC and just go straight to GW500. I don't need the CDC if I can get my ipod working.

Reinstalled the GW500 this morning and the car doesn't see it. No surprise there as I figure i need the OEM iPod interface enabling. What did surprise me was then when i phoned the tech to arrange, he tells me that the OEM iPod interface and the MP3 enable are both the same thing on the Progman system. He figures that the reason it isn't working is because now I have removed the CDC, it needs to come out of the Vehicle Order to prevent the system seeing it as an error.

So, does this sound right? also, are the "MP3 enable" and "OEM Ipod interface enable" the same option on the Progman or are they different?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Members

The saga concludes, it would seem.

With the GW500 installed and a bunch of paperwork supplied to the tech, the iPod now plays as it should.

I still have no idea why it didn't work the previous two times it was tried but I'm now another ?100 lighter making the whole system pretty expensive; ?200 spent on software updates for the car and another ?250 on the GW500 makes it breath-takingly costly. Still, it is done now.

Many thanks to all on this thread who helped with the info; I think I would have given up without it.

Quick Reply: Upgraded to V32 but STILL no mp3