E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='270310' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:31 PM
OK, I will check Ebay out as well .
I mean the DVD discs only, right..... not the actual unit
Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I got that
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i have business navi...and i must admit i miss the map..
i dont really use it cause i cant see the roads im on and the vechile position...so its no fun...but it does have some advantages. like its not as slow as pro navi, and it boots like the ones with no navi, so its fast both in boots and commands...and as a retrofit it will be way cheaper..
but if you want REAL navigation and u use it alot. u should get pro navi..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Originally Posted by madoon' post='270315' date='Apr 17 2006, 10:40 PM
i have business navi...and i must admit i miss the map..
i dont really use it cause i cant see the roads im on and the vechile position...so its no fun...but it does have some advantages. like its not as slow as pro navi, and it boots like the ones with no navi, so its fast both in boots and commands...and as a retrofit it will be way cheaper..
but if you want REAL navigation and u use it alot. u should get pro navi..

That's what I have thought about as well, that I will miss the map. On the highway I don't care but if you're travelling in a town you never been in before and don't know where you're going I would like to see the map...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

well it depends if one wants a map to look around or you just wants actually "something" to navigate you from point A to B..... which business nav does great..... before departure to a place I've never been I just set the destination and then follow the instructions how to get there....works for me

sure.......profi is nice and perhaps better.... but if we are talking a retrofit then the difference in money is huge !!!! and in this case not worth it..... so lets not get this thread to slide to which navi is better..... we are talking retrofits..... and retrofitting a profi nav for 3000$ ??? I'm not sure about that.....
Old 04-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

I think the price decides which one I goes for. I call my dealer and I let you guys find out what the price is for both of them. I know the bus is cheaper but it depends how much...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='270324' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:49 PM
I think the price decides which one I goes for. I call my dealer and I let you guys find out what the price is for both of them. I know the bus is cheaper but it depends how much...
also you are the one who should know:
1 budget willing to spend
2 usage required and how often (daily vs once in a month)
3 portable one is wayyyyy cheaper and has maps BUT: sucker on the windscreen..... no integration...... and at least in here you can't park the car without removing the portable one out otherwise navi stolen in 5 minutes
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='270326' date='Apr 17 2006, 10:52 PM
also you are the one who should know:
1 budget willing to spend
2 usage required and how often (daily vs once in a month)
3 portable one is wayyyyy cheaper and has maps BUT: sucker on the windscreen..... no integration...... and at least in here you can't park the car without removing the portable one out otherwise navi stolen in 5 minutes

Sounds like great opinions.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Contributors

so any price for the buss nav from the dealer?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

No, I havent been able to call him today. But I will find time