E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Hi guys
Today I have a 530i with the business radio and no sat-nav. It's a 2006 model but without the new I-drive and so one. I want to upgrade my car to a pro nav car. Have anyone of you done that? Is it possible to do it? Other options connected to the I-drive that I have got is: PDC and the advanced climate. I think it's possible to upgrade to the business nav. If it's possible to upgrade to the pro nav does anyone know what it costs?

Cheers
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Does anyone have an idea if it's possible?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is possible, but it's very expensive. Prepare for at least $3000.
Check realoem.com for the price of the kit and add at least three to four hours of labor on top of that.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Thx a lot. Do you think it's better to get an external sat nav, for example the the tomtom go 700 instead of doing this?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

official OEM NAVI retrofit is available ever since.... I have the 2004 accesories catalogue....

part no: 65900397300
price cca 3000 USD
Navi Professional Retrofit Kit
for all cars before 9/2005

or the business Navi....
part no: 65900393734
price: don't know but way cheeper then the profi since you can keep your current screen

if you don't mind the sucker on your winscreen and external device which has to be removed everytime you park go for tomtom

or just go for the Business Navi retrofit with all the built-in comfort.... it works great.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

Do you miss the map with the business nav?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='270236' date='Apr 17 2006, 12:22 PM
Do you miss the map with the business nav?
I have another car with huge map nav and honestly during long trips it does not matter...
in the city you always look on the detail with the big arrow and picture of the intersection which the business nav has too....... the big/map navi always shows those big arrows while in intersection anyway.
With this big map it is funny on long highway trips.... you just have the higway-line in the middle of the screen and the little arrow moving by for hours....

so no I don't miss the map.... it is nice but I've always find my destionation with business navi with no problem.
besides I mostly follow the voice guidance and look only for the details of huge intersections or round abouts which is the same for bus and profi navi anyway.....
Old 04-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

Ok, I will call my dealer to check the price out for the business nav. Thx for the help Peter
Old 04-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='270300' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:01 PM
Ok, I will call my dealer to check the price out for the business nav. Thx for the help Peter
no prob.....if the price is reasonable don't worry and get the business one......
work's fine. I've done many trips around Europe from door to door thanks to this nav....it also re-routes due to traffic obstacles if any.....
also there is a lot of Navi Europe DVD's around on Ebay for like 30EUR.... like 2005 versions.....
Old 04-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

OK, I will check Ebay out as well .

Quick Reply: Upgrade