E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UPDATE 19.2 0R 19.02

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

My car was updated last week from 15.?

The gearbow feels softer -> nearly no more jerking while stopping or starting. But when driving hard, the engine is still spinning on some gears and downgearing to easily -> no use of torque. Conclusion better but can be inproved.

Th engine is more silencious: less injector noises from 1500 to 2000 rpm. But accelerations have been reduced. I suspect they reduce the torque a little.

The active stearing feels a little diffrent at low speed -> no very noticable.

The radio do not switch automatically on even if turned off while stopping the engine.

The light sensor still is eratic when starting in the drakness ie in your garage...

Some minor modifications in the I-drive menus + perspective nav (no very usefull)
Old 11-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by FJPM' date='Nov 2 2005, 07:18 PM
My car was updated last week from 15.?

The gearbow feels softer -> nearly no more jerking while stopping or starting. But when driving hard, the engine is still spinning on some gears and downgearing to easily -> no use of torque. Conclusion better but can be inproved.

Th engine is more silencious: less injector noises from 1500 to 2000 rpm. But accelerations have been reduced. I suspect they reduce the torque a little.

The active stearing feels a little diffrent at low speed -> no very noticable.

The radio do not switch automatically on even if turned off while stopping the engine.

The light sensor still is eratic when starting in the drakness ie in your garage...

Some minor modifications in the I-drive menus + perspective nav (no very usefull)
[snapback]192527[/snapback]
Gearbox softer? Interesting. I updated my 535d from 15.1 to 17.1 some months ago and, so far, it works very well. The only problem I noticed is that, since then, my autobox is actually much rougher than before and very annoying especially slowing down at low speed and/or when stopping. If you release the brake just seconds before you stops, in the way I was used to do to achieve a smoother ride downtown, the autobox "jumps" suddenly and then goes to neutral. Annoying and quite uncomfortable. Before the software update, it worked fine but I cannot tell you that the two things are necessarily connected.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

This was the symptome I had before the update. But I have only driven 1000 km since the update and the autolearning process of the gearbox may lead to that also in my case. Let's keep the fingers crossed...

What about the accelerations?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:38 AM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

I also notice that after upgrade to 19.01, auto transmission is smoother. I like that.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Members

I too have the latest software. The gear changes are better when driving slowly; it changes gear at 1600 rpm, so very smooth and quiet. But i agree about the torgue converter - if i accelerate hard the tacho spins round, but not so much action (or so it seems). It's now more difficult to make it accelerate hard from very low revs.
I still like the car though
Old 11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Members

I received 19.2 today and is still disappointed in the radio's RDS. BMW still can not get it right with the radio. My sister has a G35x and the radio and its RDS function works perfectly!

Anyway, I did not buy a 545I for the radio, but for the performance... and in the performance area the 545I is perfect.

Last, I noticed that the car lacks the torque as well.

- RC
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by FJPM' post='192870' date='Nov 3 2005, 12:02 PM
This was the symptome I had before the update. But I have only driven 1000 km since the update and the autolearning process of the gearbox may lead to that also in my case. Let's keep the fingers crossed...

What about the accelerations?
Acceleration is VERY strong, but you need to get accostumed to the autotranny. When starting from idle or very low speed, you have to play with your throttle a little bit in order to get the tranny "ready" in the right gear. Otherwise, you notice a delay not of the engine but of the autotranny that is not quick enough. :thumbsdown:

But, again, downtown the car is bloody quick, way too much if you are not very light with your foot pedal.