E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza Rear M5 Bumper PDC Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yah, definitely do something about the exhaust. Does look rather strange with the gap.

As for the bumper paint color... I dunno man, it doesn't look right to me. Not very color matched.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B
Model Year: 2007

Here is the pic of the front of the vehicle. Most of the pics I have seen on this forum of the rear m5 bumper do not have a rear mesh insert. Is there a place I can purchase a mesh insert. I will be going back to the shop to have them install the dual oval tips. As for the paint match the glare from the sun may have given you the perception of not being color matched well. I have found these tips on ebay which I think will fill the exhaust cut outs.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ironb
Here is the pic of the front of the vehicle. Most of the pics I have seen on this forum of the rear m5 bumper do not have a rear mesh insert. Is there a place I can purchase a mesh insert. I will be going back to the shop to have them install the dual oval tips. As for the paint match the glare from the sun may have given you the perception of not being color matched well. I have found these tips on ebay which I think will fill the exhaust cut outs.

Yeah those tips look better, just make sure they are the right size before getting them. And save up some money and get some new shoes next!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Members

go to sam at sleek motoring if you live by the bay area he does great work on all his cars and you can check him out his work on bimmerfest and these forums..he installed 20" rims and a full acs kito on my bros e60 which he posted on here before, and 22" vellanos and a wald kit on my cousins 745li..and he installed some vossen wheels on mine recent..you should look into going there..from what i heard the acs replica are the hardest to install which he admitted but he did a hell of job

heres the topic of his work on the 745li...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/915...ld-e66-update/
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Members

ah didnt notice you added it already looks nice put some rims on those and thatll be a beauty
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmdub
I had PDC issues last year with the Umnitza M5 rear. The hole in the bumper wasn't as issue in my case. The sensor would fit but all the readings would be flatlined like i'm about to hit something. At first I thought it might be reading the edge of the holes. This was NOT the case at all. These BMW sensors do have a left and right if that makes sense. They must go in, in a particular way. Umnitza's PDC brackets that hold the sensor are turned 45 degrees causing the sensors to instead read left and right, read up and down. the sensors are then reading the ground which causes it to give that "false reading". What I had to do was cut off the two tabs that hold the sensor to the bumper. I then rotated the sensor to the correct position and used so epoxy to keep them there. The flaw in this resolution is if I were the change bumpers I don't think i could remove my PDCs from the Umnitza M5 rear. Major design flaw in Umnitza's M5 PDC rear

All of this makes me glad I didn't order the rear. I love the front (and it went on smooth), but the rear looks like a PIA to get right with PDC's. The last thing I want to do is make multiple trips back to the auto shop. I hate going to them as it is.