E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza= HORRIBLE PLACE

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Cold and Premium Package
Default Umnitza= HORRIBLE PLACE

It's been over a month now since I sent money to Umnitza for some parts and before I sent the money I made sure everything was in stock or I was going to purchase elsewhere. Figured since they have a big presence here on our forums I would support them.

Every since money was sent, I have to beg and chase after them to figure out where my parts are. There are no volunteer updates and finally I was told they don't have it in and have to order it, "it will be here end of the week." After hearing that week after week, and now over 4 weeks has passed. I still haven't received my parts and nothing was sent out. Decided to shoot them another email and all I got was the goods were held up in customs. This is some bullshit because I own a Promotional Company and 95% of products are all imported from China for my customers, I don't hold any stock and even with production my leadtime is typically around 45-50 days by ocean. So now back to the parts I ordered, these things are small and I highly doubt they are ordering quantities of 100k+ pieces at a time...

I'm highly disappointed at this place and I was going to order the front lip for the m5tech bumper from them too...good thing I didn't!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Name:  7R8Ki1z.gif
Views: 7
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Thanks for the warning, I too was going to order some parts including the Mtech front bumper, now I will look elsewhere.
This sort of thing would drive me crazy.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:28 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 LCI 535xi

so if its before 45 days get ur money back on paypal.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:59 PM
New Members

thanks for the remainder, I just filed a dispute on paypal. This is ridiculous....
Old 04-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, their customer service is down right bad.

I ordered an M-Tech bumper two years ago along with xenon fog lamps, and while I thought the product itself was very good, getting any answers on order status was like pulling teeth.

I have been spoiled with the likes of Amazon, Newegg and Monoprice, where 30 seconds after you hit the pay button you receive an order acknowledgement and with Newegg and Monoprice if you order in the morning it almost always ships that day if they claim on the website that it is in stock when you order.

Just last week I had to replace a burned out xenon ballast with Umnitza. Ordered in on Monday, paid $10 for shipping and handling and received it from CA to AZ on Friday via parcel post. Not terrible, but compare that to Monoprice where I once ordered on a Sunday morning and the package was literally on my doorstep the next day. The package was larger and heavier than the Umnitza package and the shipping charge was $5.75.

The Umnitza senior executives need to make a field trip to Newegg or Monoprice and learn from their warehouse and customer service operations before they go out of business.

Again, it is a shame because their products (at least the ones I have tried) are good and reasonably priced.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:49 PM
New Members

Bimmerfan, I agree with you. The thing is I don't mind waiting for a week, it's just ridiculous that it has been over a month! I can't finish the install on my car until I receive the parts and the car's been incomplete sitting here...
Old 04-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 550i 6sp M-Tech. 18mm spacers rear, 8mm front. Dinan intake and Stage 2 tune. Tinted tails, M5 OEM lip spoiler. 08 Z4 3.0si Black on Black with Beige top. Removable hardtop. (Hers) 06 Volvo S60R Heavily Modded!! Gone and missed.

Went through the same thing with them on my rear bumper a few years ago and PDC sensors last year. Took months to get my bumper and they sent me the wrong PDC sensors and then just told me to sell the wrong ones on ebay and buy new ones.

Customer service FAIL!!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Umnitza, is attractive to many people because they carry what people want at very good prices. That is about where any comparison to Amazon ends.

Walmart also carries what people want at attractive prices, but their customer service sucks. You could say the same for Costco and BJ's also. In this model, I believe that people will forego a bit of customer service in order to get a better price.

The auto parts industry is very competitive and margins are very thin. So in order to make a buck, parts suppliers have to cut costs somewhere, so in some cases it's not investing in inventory control, quality people or infrastructure. I would guess that in the case of Umnitza, it may be a combination of all three.

Customer reviews and ratings of merchants are there for a reason. If you don't do your due diligence when shopping for parts, you only have yourself to blame.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Was thinking of ordering wheels.

Quick Reply: Umnitza= HORRIBLE PLACE