E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Ultimate Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I spent about an hour this evening figuring out the navigation and controls on my mother's new Acura RL. Sure given some time I would say the system is as intuitive as our I-Drive. I wish I could change from AM to FM as easily on my E60, but I have to credit the BMW engineers for a brilliant design.

They have delivered an automoble management system that can accomplish everything the Acura can with one simple pod and a very clean and simple design. All the buttons on the RL can be overwhelming and the navigation wheel requires two wheels one behind the other to accomplish what I-Drive does.

My 545 was my first experience with a modern car. I thought the Japanese would do it better. They haven't.

Now as for the drive, There is no comparison. Nothing drives like the 545 SP.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Feb 28 2005, 10:54 PM
I spent about an hour this evening figuring out the navigation and controls on the monther's new Acura RL.? Sure given some time I would say the system is as intuitive as our I-Drive.? I wish I could change from AM to FM as easily on my E60,? but I have to credit the BMW engineers for a brilliant design.

They have delivered an automoble management system that can accomplish everything the Acura can with one simple pod and a very clean and simple design.? All the buttons on the RL can be overwhelming and the navigation wheel requires two wheels one behind the other to accomplish what I-Drive does.

My 554 was my first experience with a modern car.? I thought the japanese would do it better.? They haven't.
[snapback]95494[/snapback]

COOL! Thanks... and I thought the Japanese iDrive would have been A LOT BETTER... maybe not.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Feb 28 2005, 10:56 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Feb 28 2005, 10:54 PM']I spent about an hour this evening figuring out the navigation and controls on the mother's new Acura RL.? Sure given some time I would say the system is as intuitive as our I-Drive.?? I wish I could change from AM to FM as easily on my E60,? but I have to credit the BMW engineers for a brilliant design.

They have delivered an automoble management system that can accomplish everything the Acura can with one simple pod and a very clean and simple design.?? All the buttons on the RL can be overwhelming and the navigation wheel requires two wheels one behind the other to accomplish what I-Drive does.

My 545 was my first experience with a modern car.?? I thought the japanese would do it better.? They haven't.
[snapback]95494[/snapback]

COOL! Thanks... and I thought the Japanese iDrive would have been A LOT BETTER... maybe not.
[snapback]95496[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seeing is believing. Spend 10 minutes behind the wheel of an RL at your nearest showroom. You will see what I mean. And I think the BMW map is better too. Wait till we get the Birds eye view.