E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tyre Pressures when delivered...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i am a bit lazy but last night was first time since the car got delivered on 19th March that i have actually got round to checking the tyre pressures.

i was quite suprised to find that all 4 tyres were over inflated, according to the door sticker the pressure for my M-sport with only an average of 4 people in the car should be:

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

the pressures were actually set at:

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

i let the tyres cool down for a few hours and then adjusted this morning and reset the tyre monitor...have to say car seems to ride a bit smoother though that could just be my imagination
Old 05-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 04:29 AM
ok so i am a bit lazy but last night was first time since the car got delivered on 19th March that i have actually got round to checking the tyre pressures.

i was quite suprised to find that all 4 tyres were over inflated, according to the door sticker the pressure for my M-sport with only an average of 4 people in the car should be:

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

i let the tyres cool down for a few hours and then adjusted this morning and reset the tyre monitor...have to say car seems to ride a bit smoother though that could just be my imagination?
[snapback]127424[/snapback]
Not checked mine yet, but then don't really have any incentive as the wheels are to be changed next week hopefully.

I will check out of interest though.

Regarding the ride its definitely better than my last car. Don't know whether the make of tyres makes a difference? but the damping seems better.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 04:29 AM

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

i let the tyres cool down for a few hours and then adjusted this morning and reset the tyre monitor...have to say car seems to ride a bit smoother though that could just be my imagination?
How do you know if the tire monitor is set?
cheers
vern
Old 05-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

Originally Posted by vern' date='May 12 2005, 03:19 PM
[quote name='northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 04:29 AM']ok so i am a bit lazy but last night was first time since the car got delivered on 19th March that i have actually got round to checking the tyre pressures.

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

cheers
vern
[snapback]127485[/snapback]
[/quote]

You set the monitor manually through the idrive. Car setting or something like that

My 535dAT (which I'll get on Monday but had the pleasure to test last weekend)
had 2,8 bar (2,4) at the front tyres and 3,0 (2,8) bar at the rear tyres.

I remember a test-drive with a Chrysler earlier in Mars where the dealer said that they just got the car and hadn't have time to go through the car. So it will be a bit noisy since they always over inflate the tyres before delivery from the plant!?!?

So I guess that common?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by chrisod' date='May 12 2005, 08:27 AM
[quote name='vern' date='May 12 2005, 03:19 PM'][quote name='northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 04:29 AM']ok so i am a bit lazy but last night was first time since the car got delivered on 19th March that i have actually got round to checking the tyre pressures.

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

cheers
vern
[/quote]

You set the monitor manually through the idrive. Car setting or something like that

I remember a test-drive with a Chrysler earlier in Mars where the dealer said that they just got the car and hadn't have time to go through the car. So it will be a bit noisy since they always over inflate the tyres before delivery from the plant!?!?

So I guess that common?
[snapback]127488[/snapback]
[/quote] I know how to set the tire monitor. My question is how do you know when it is set ?
cheers
vern
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

Originally Posted by vern' date='May 12 2005, 03:34 PM
[quote name='chrisod' date='May 12 2005, 08:27 AM'][quote name='vern' date='May 12 2005, 03:19 PM'][quote name='northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 04:29 AM']ok so i am a bit lazy but last night was first time since the car got delivered on 19th March that i have actually got round to checking the tyre pressures.

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

cheers
vern
[/quote]

So I guess that common?
[snapback]127488[/snapback]
[/quote] I know how to set the tire monitor. My question is how do you know when it is set ?
cheers
vern
[snapback]127493[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry!! Just tried to help.....
But that?s a god question, I DO NOT have any long experience with the E60/61 but I had the car for a few days. First day every thing was ok, but on the evening it started to call out for flat tyre. So that?s when I checked the pressure. But then I called the dealer and he explained that I had to reset, so I pushed and pushed and pushed the reset button . And everything went quiet, no more alarm. But as you asked for, there where NO confirmation that it accually had reset. In my case I had heal the flat so I got my confirmation that way.

It should state Ok or something. That?s absolutely right!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:49 AM
GPS
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='May 12 2005, 11:29 AM

2.0 bar (front)
2.4 bar (rear)

2.2 bar (front)
2.6 bar (rear)

I had the same experience, apparently tires are overinflated for transportation from the factory to the dealer.

You can find more some more info in the following thread:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=9717&hl=tires