E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Turning off airbag

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by tuffluck
shut the hell up, you insensitive prick.

i don't know the percentage but i imagine it is pretty high of a parent leaving a child in a mall, a grocery store, a park, etc. and forgetting them. leaving them in a car follows the same forgetfulness, just incurs more serious consequences, especially if you live in an extreme climate like that in texas. i imagine the kid would have been just fine had it been left in a car in san diego or seattle, or even in texas during the winter.

from the NY Times: http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ent-forget-th/

"The moral of his story: don?t judge; it really could happen to you."
bottom line is... ur friend is an idiot

:l

and i dont think he was being insensitive... just truthful

yes its tragic the kid died but due to ur friend's irresponsibility

losing ur kid in a crowded mall or a grocery store is one thing... but leaving them in the car when ur the only 2 there

just retarded

but yea i think its illegal to turn off the airbag here in the states

i know for sure its illegal to have a baby in the front seat or anyone under the age of 13 (depending on height)
Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by god_003
bottom line is... ur friend is an idiot

and i dont think he was being insensitive... just truthful

yes its tragic the kid died but due to ur friend's irresponsibility

losing ur kid in a crowded mall or a grocery store is one thing... but leaving them in the car when ur the only 2 there

just retarded
that is really naive. to say one scenario is more forgetful than another is simply something an ignorant person would say. you leave your car in the mall, maybe a kidnapper takes them and kills them. same as forgetting them in a hot climate and they don't survive? you're still forgetting your child, never mind the consequences. and it happens all the time to so many people, just in many cases the children are unscathed. obviously people love to put the blame on others when consequences are more dire. but not only is that disrespectful, it's actually just completely invalid.

i hope you never lose your kid anywhere, but if you do, i really hope you remember the panic that sets in and the concept that while your child is lost, anything and everything that is possibly bad in this world could happen and could have happened to your child during the time your forgot about it. seriously, don't be so naive. your grammar indicates your naivety however, so i guess i'm not too surprised.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Contributors

my grammar is quite fine... im just lazy

all i read from u is useless bitch bitching

ur friend is at fault

the end
Old 09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

shut the hell up, you insensitive prick.

i don't know the percentage but i imagine it is pretty high of a parent leaving a child in a mall, a grocery store, a park, etc. and forgetting them. leaving them in a car follows the same forgetfulness, just incurs more serious consequences, especially if you live in an extreme climate like that in texas. i imagine the kid would have been just fine had it been left in a car in san diego or seattle, or even in texas during the winter.

from the NY Times: http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ent-forget-th/

"The moral of his story: don?t judge; it really could happen to you."
there is a reason kids have to be in the back seat, cause it's safer for them in a collision. for you to argue that manufacturers should do something for those who "forget their kids" is idiotic.

maybe you should tie a string to your finger, or put a baby doll in the front seat, or better yet...put a pacifier in your mouth. then maybe you wont forget your kid.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Senior Members

my grammar is quite fine... im just lazy

all i read from u is useless bitch bitching

ur friend is at fault

the end
now you lack concentration. i never said he wasn't at fault, simply that it is not different than anyone forgetting their child anywhere, albeit he faced more serious consequences that were not due to his forgetfulness.

there is something about the internet that makes words invincible. that's okay with me. i would call myself a bitch 10 times over if it could reverse the outcome. this kind of shit can and will happen to anyone. have a little respect for people next time.

no comment on your personal attack on me.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
there is a reason kids have to be in the back seat, cause it's safer for them in a collision. for you to argue that manufacturers should do something for those who "forget their kids" is idiotic.

maybe you should tie a string to your finger, or put a baby doll in the front seat, or better yet...put a pacifier in your mouth. then maybe you wont forget your kid.
f.u.c.k.i.n.g. read. i said it should be easy to disable a front airbag as an owner of a vehicle, not that it's up to manufacturer's to disable them, that is all. leaving a child in the front, forgetting to turn off the airbag, getting into an accident, having the airbag deploy, and then lastly having the airbag deploy and kill the child. do you really truly believe the odds of all that happening are less than just forgetting your child in your backseat for 20 minutes? seriously, shut. up.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Contributors

lets say airbags can be turned off

kids in the front seat

they take off

he gets into a wreck

his airbag deploys saving his life... the kid's airbag doesnt deploy saving it's life

all hes gonna do at the end of the accident is crawl out the car and forget the kid was in there anyways

20 mins later... bam!!

dead baby

this kinda shit happens all the time u say

...yeah

they r all idiots
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Members

aahhh awkward.

Just relax guys...
eeeeyyyy

Certain later models had the ability to switch off the airbag manually, HOwever for all models, there are sensors that measure actual weight.
The car will sense that it is an adult and they weigh more than 40 kg( i believe) and will know to deploy the airbag then.

IF YOUR CHILD WEIGHS more than 40kgs or more, they actualy need the airbag
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Members

all hes gonna do at the end of the accident is crawl out the car and forget the kid was in there anyways
soooooo...you're saying you would (eventually) forget the kid? so you would forget the kid? isn't that what i've been trying to say all along?

[quote name ='tuffluck']you're still forgetting your child, never mind the consequences.[/quote]
Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

f.u.c.k.i.n.g. read. i said it should be easy to disable a front airbag as an owner of a vehicle, not that it's up to manufacturer's to disable them, that is all. leaving a child in the front, forgetting to turn off the airbag, getting into an accident, having the airbag deploy, and then lastly having the airbag deploy and kill the child. do you really truly believe the odds of all that happening are less than just forgetting your child in your backseat for 20 minutes? seriously, shut. up.

the next time you get in your car, look at the area around your sunroof buttons. then turn the ignition on, while still looking up. if no one is in the front passenger seat, the light comes on that the airbag is turned off. there is a weight sensor in the passenger seat.

and you got i.s.s.u.e.s.

Quick Reply: Turning off airbag