E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trunk DVD or CD changer, aux in, hack

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i HUD, comfort seats, PDC, moon roof, Logic 7, Nav, Steptronic, K7 and diffusers, Aux-in for iPod!

hello everyone,

so I was unable to find satisfactory answers to my lack of iPod interface. here, then, are some musings. perhaps someone more knowledgeable or experienced can comment.

I've asked the dealer for auxiliary input for my 2004, july, 545i. No go. Also, saw the dvd or cd changer holding bracket in the back left of the trunk, but no possible wiring. so could not tap into any feeds.

any ideas, suggestions, to make this possible. for now, am going with fm modulator, but that really sucks!

thanks in advance.

ps. of course, also no bluetooth option in this car. my dealer has only been telling me "no" to everything.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Have you seen the other thread with the pdf file giving the dashboard option for an aux input????
Old 10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This is the post....
Old 10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Senior Members

Remember, "search" is your friend.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i HUD, comfort seats, PDC, moon roof, Logic 7, Nav, Steptronic, K7 and diffusers, Aux-in for iPod!

tried it with the dealer, and also got email from BMWNA suggesting the possibility, but dealer looked into it and nope, not possible for 2004 e60 545i. If anything, it's part of the entertainment package for the rear seats, but still not for 2004. Apparently, 2004 was the year of delivering broken promises. Even the mp3 option was confirmed by BMWNA to be not viable.

yes, I've been searching for nearly one week - vacation, don't you know, and nope, no viable candidates from Neo mp3 adapter, Blitz, or ... one more. Anyway, I've received emails from three major hack makers, and no go for this year and series.

could possibly try to hack into the glove box CD changer, but that's a last option.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Members

here was their email, but the dealer had no idea how to order the aux line in, which apparently installed to the center console facing the rear seats, as someone's pdf indicated on this forum:

--
Dear...

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the introduction of iPod into certain BMW models. I am sorry that the iPod kit has not been designed for your BMW 5 Series. Even though the 5, 6 and 7 Series have been considered, at this time there are no short-term plans to offer the iPod adapter for Most-Bus cars. At this time there is no information if a solution will be available. The best suggestion I have for you is to keep in contact with your local BMW center and our website at www.bmwusa.com for the latest updates.

However, BMW does offer the Auxiliary Audio Input to allow you to listen to your iPod music. The difference is that the iPod is not integrated into the steering wheel and radio features. In order to be compatible, vehicles without navigation must have a single in-dash CD Radio, not the Cassette Radio. If you are interested in this accessory, please feel free to contact the parts department at the local BMW center. Should you need it, you will find a complete listing of authorized BMW centers, categorized by name, state or zip code, on our website at www.bmwusa.com.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. At this time, BMW does not have plans to produce a retrofit kit for the Bluetooth phone for the 2004 model year 5 Series. The Motorola CPT 9000 is the phone which is compatible with the integrated system in the 2004 5 Series.

Thank you for choosing BMW. If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,
Karen Labatzky
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
Old 10-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by mwsu545i' date='Oct 15 2004, 05:29 AM
tried it with the dealer, and also got email from BMWNA suggesting the possibility, but dealer looked into it and nope, not possible for 2004 e60 545i. If anything, it's part of the entertainment package for the rear seats, but still not for 2004.
[snapback]44976[/snapback]
AUX in can be installed. My dealer will install it on my MY04 545 and so far didn't told me it's not possible. I will see the AUX input myself on Thursday.
Why shouldn't it be possible on MY04 ? The radio is the same...