E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tricks to Homelink?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to get my garage to open up using the homelink system in the rear view mirror. For some reason its not reading the code. I've checked the www.homelink.com website and followed both instructions. Either hit the "learn" button or use the actual remote the garage came with both with no results. I know there is nothing wrong with my garage b/c when I tried to set it on my car, it deleted everybody else code . So I had to re-program everybody's and it worked fine....except mine

Any tips? I already went to the dealership about it and they said its fine with no problems. If it means anything, I have a Liftmasters garage.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

If I remember correctly in the Homelink website they suggested to do the hold button for 3 times but I did 4 or 5 times and got it.
And my garage door opener uses the rolling code so I have to press the button on the opener housing not using the remote.

GL!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='911234' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:33 AM
I'm trying to get my garage to open up using the homelink system in the rear view mirror. For some reason its not reading the code. I've checked the www.homelink.com website and followed both instructions. Either hit the "learn" button or use the actual remote the garage came with both with no results. I know there is nothing wrong with my garage b/c when I tried to set it on my car, it deleted everybody else code . So I had to re-program everybody's and it worked fine....except mine

Any tips? I already went to the dealership about it and they said its fine with no problems. If it means anything, I have a Liftmasters garage.
I have a Liftmaster opener on my gate. I taught the homelink my gate opener as per the car's owners manual. In the gate opener is a receiver with a learn button and a yellow LED
next to it. This may take two people because I think you have only a few seconds to complete.
Push the learn button on the receiver(not for more than 5 seconds or it dumps all the codes)
The yellow LED glows.
Push the button on your mirror that you've programmed.
The yellow LED blinks then goes out. (meaning it has learned your new code)
Sounds like you've gone through all of this, but, it worked for me.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Contributors

yeah, I did do it all but nothing works....any ideas/
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Try to call the Homelink support over the phone and see if they have any trick up their sleves ...

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='911426' date='Jun 14 2009, 05:12 PM
yeah, I did do it all but nothing works....any ideas/
Old 06-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Contributors

i tried getting mine to work and cant get any of my garages synced to work. i need my garage, my parents garage, and my boyfriends garage. its really annoying having 3 openers in my glove box. i would honestly pay someone to do it for me.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='911234' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:33 AM

Since there is some concern about older garage door systems, let me just say that I have a Liftermaster+ series that was installed in 1998.

I went to the HomeLink web site and had to watch the video 8 or so times to get the instructions since you cannot pause it and you have to watch the dreaded introduction over and over where the girl comes home all happy to her automated house and PC, then read the instructions in the M5 manual under "BMW Universal Transmitter" on page 92 and put the two together.

Let's just make this easier shall we? Here are seven steps you can follow to the T......

1. Put your car key in the ignition and turn the ignition to position 2.
2. Press and hold the two outer keys on the HomeLink receiver until the indicator lamp flashes rapidly, then release the keys. The three channel keys are now cleared.
3. Hold the hand-held garage door transmitter toward the HomeLink receiver (no more than 2 inches away), and at the same time press the garage door transmitter key and HomeLink receiver key you wish to program....any one of the three will work. Your garage door will open since you pressed the garage door remote key, but don't worry about it.
4. Release both keys as soon as the indicator lamp on the HomeLink receiver flashes rapidly.
5. Press the programmed key you selected on the HomeLink receiver and the indicator lamp should illuminate solid (if it does you are done), if it blinks rapidly for 2 seconds then goes solid, continue to the next step.
6. This step is for garage door openers with a rolling code feature. Get a step ladder and press the learn or smart button on the garage door opener in your garage.
7. Within 30 seconds, press the programmed key you selected on the HomeLink receiver for 2 seconds and the training is complete. You should now be able to use your HomeLink receiver to open the garage door.

Repeat steps 3 - 7 if you have more than one garage door opener.

Hope this helps. Found it in the Homelink website.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Contributors

never mind. wickster has your garage door problem solved.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='911234' date='Jun 14 2009, 12:33 PM

Are you sure the ignition is on? I HATE the Bmw homelink configuration, you have to turn on the car for it to work. How are you supposed to open the garage door before you start the car. Also you have to leave the car on when you close the garage door. And yes you can turn on the car to "ignition" but thats two steps to open the door and then start or turn off the car. All the other cars i have owned work even of the car is off.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='911528' date='Jun 14 2009, 05:12 PM
Are you sure the ignition is on? I HATE the Bmw homelink configuration, you have to turn on the car for it to work. How are you supposed to open the garage door before you start the car. Also you have to leave the car on when you close the garage door. And yes you can turn on the car to "ignition" but thats two steps to open the door and then start or turn off the car. All the other cars i have owned work even of the car is off.
I'm positive the ignition is on. Kind of stumped here. Service advisor said no problem, so I'm kind of screwed.

Quick Reply: Tricks to Homelink?