E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trick #2 I picked up while driving the 550 loaner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original trick #1 for those who missed it:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=27147

Well... I get my 550 back this afternoon so i decided to abuse the loaner (demo) one more time last night...

Here is what you do:

1. Get up to 40-50 MPH leave in second gear.
2. Pop the SMG into Neutral
3. Coast to about 35-38 MPH
4. Gun it and put SMG back into gear.

Result: Spinning the wheels for a second while cruising and then tearing off into the sunset while others give you a thumbs up when they finally catch.

SMG = Super fun when its not your own car.... but at least you know things can be done in case you need it.

Back to grandma driving in my own car later.. BTW, had the aero kit put on, new 20" kicks and will be posting pics if the weather allows.

Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

You have too fun time!!

Skaffa
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 AM
JDN
Contributors

Anybody still want to buy a demo model after reading this abuse?
Old 06-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' post='295072' date='Jun 9 2006, 08:48 AM
Anybody still want to buy a demo model after reading this abuse?

Any rental car, any loaner, any demo even ones driven by salesmen themselves are abused.
Don't make me look like a horrible monster when almost everyone here would 'enjoy' the car as much as i did.

Just so you know, I know you're making a point about demo abuse and this reply is in no ways ment to argue with you. Sometimes its hard to tell over written text if someone is ticked off or not.

but you're right, i would never buy a demo or any used rental or loaner.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

I may be alone, but I find this sort of thing rather childish. Dealers do provide us a service with these vehicles and I believe most of us treat these vehicles well. If dealers are going to continue with loaners, people like you do not need to broadcast their antics.
Sorry, just a thought.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1600' post='295091' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:22 AM
I may be alone, but I find this sort of thing rather childish. Dealers do provide us a service with these vehicles and I believe most of us treat these vehicles well. If dealers are going to continue with loaners, people like you do not need to broadcast their antics.
Sorry, just a thought.

I happen to agree. This falls into the "it's not mine so I don't care what happens to it" theory. No sense in ragging other folks stuff just cause it's not yours. I guess it's OK if the wrench at your BMW store feels the same way about your car when it's in for repair?

BTW, as a personal injury lawyer, can't wait till you hit someone and I need this info for evidence....
Old 06-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1600' post='295091' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:22 AM
Sorry, just a thought.

Ok, my bad. Perhaps I might be the only one out there who does this.

Don't get me wrong... its not like I sit in a parking lot and do over and over and over again, its not like i put regular gas into the loaner, its not like i take it offroading. In the end I am driving the car and putting the power to use.

perhaps "people like me" should not broadcast how we drive loanes but i just wanted to share a find that i thought everyone might enjoy.

Just to be fair, I will do the same to my car when i get it back.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dawyeah' post='295099' date='Jun 9 2006, 07:37 AM
Ok, my bad. Perhaps I might be the only one out there who does this.

Don't get me wrong... its not like I sit in a parking lot and do over and over and over again, its not like i put regular gas into the loaner, its not like i take it offroading. In the end I am driving the car and putting the power to use.

perhaps "people like me" should not broadcast how we drive loanes but i just wanted to share a find that i thought everyone might enjoy.

Just to be fair, I will do the same to my car when i get it back.

To be fair, that is your property to do with what you will. I think the issue here is that you are possibly tearing up someone else's. I guess to each their own. I wouldn't rip the tar with a loaner, personal choice. I just view it as a privilage. This reminds me of the park in my sub-division. The park had not even been standing for more than two months before kids vandalized it. Leaving others to look elsewhere for their children to play. Kind of like a loaner, your ruin it, the dealership doesn't just take another off the lot. Some people don't see anything wrong with that, some do.

Also, I don't get the trick. Is it not the same to say, have the car in 2M, let off the gas, then stomp it down again? I believe you would get the same effect, if not extremely similiar.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='295110' date='Jun 9 2006, 10:15 AM
Also, I don't get the trick. Is it not the same to say, have the car in 2M, let off the gas, then stomp it down again? I believe you would get the same effect, if not extremely similiar.

If you let up on the gas you are still reving at 4K ish but if you hvae it in N, you can rev it up to 6K and 'drop' the clutch. Gives more power to the wheels when the clutch engages.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dawyeah' post='295115' date='Jun 9 2006, 08:21 AM
If you let up on the gas you are still reving at 4K ish but if you hvae it in N, you can rev it up to 6K and 'drop' the clutch. Gives more power to the wheels when the clutch engages.
I'm picking up what your putting down now.

Quick Reply: Trick #2 I picked up while driving the 550 loaner