E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Transmission recalls!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by vnod' post='211580
This information might be new for some!My Webpage
Thanks James, and welcome. I knew about the recall, but did not bother to see if our cars are affected. If a letter comes in the mail, then OK.

I wouldn't worry, not that you are, about not searching. I agree with cobradav that "search is ... [my] friend," but only sometimes. That is, I frequently search on what seem to be obvious words and do not find what I am looking for. Searching by screen name works well though.

Anyway, with regard to the recall, I searched all the forums on "recall," "recalls," "transmission," and "Steptronic" and could not find the prior post containing the recall data using reasonably dilligent efforts. I might have found it if I had spent more than what I consider to be a reasonable amount of time. I was thinking that the prior post had "recall" or "recalls" in the title also. I found your post under both "recalls" and "transmission."
[/quote]
Strange. I just did search using "recall" (just as I had done earlier with same results). Got this thread as most recent, and 4th down was the one I linked above. Is your search function operating correctly? The two in between also had recall in their title. What could cause search to fail to find these is puzzeling and if others have this problem certainlly would lead folks to think a topic was not covered. I think you should try again as my results were repeatable and consistent.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='211615' date='Dec 15 2005, 12:10 PM
Strange. I just did search using "recall" (just as I had done earlier with same results). Got this thread as most recent, and 4th down was the one I linked above. Is your search function operating correctly? The two in between also had recall in their title. What could cause search to fail to find these is puzzeling and if others have this problem certainlly would lead folks to think a topic was not covered. I think you should try again as my results were repeatable and consistent.
Strange is right cd. It came up this time--which leads me to believe it was user (me) error. But, still, I generally have trouble getting much out of search using what I think are reasonable keywords. OK, search is a little better friend now, but not my best search friend. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by vnod' post='211620
Strange is right cd. It came up this time--which leads me to believe it was user (me) error. But, still, I generally have trouble getting much out of search using what I think are reasonable keywords. OK, search is a little better friend now, but not my best search friend. Thanks.
[/quote]
Oh I think your right that it is not very a robust serch engine. But at least I'm glad to hear this one worked for u now. Part of the reason I would enter "recall" into an appropriate post is so that members can find these important items by doing such a topic search.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='211637
Originally Posted by cobradav' post='211615' date='Dec 15 2005, 12:10 PM
Oh I think your right that it is not very a robust serch engine. But at least I'm glad to hear this one worked for u now. Part of the reason I would enter "recall" into an appropriate post is so that members can find these important items by doing such a topic search.
[/quote]
Good plan. Not that I would ever post anything truly Earth shattering, but I try to include an obvious easy-to-quess key word in the topics I start.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the information .... MY cheapo 525 is out of that bug!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='211573' date='Dec 15 2005, 07:42 AM

misunderstood the direction (was not paying attention, asleep at wheel, otherwise diverted and all that nonsense), apologies offered

apology is only accepted under the condition that it was not necessary
Old 12-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Members

Hi everyone sorry about the heading on my post. I am such a rookie. the last thing I want to do is scare people about a recall my intentions were good.....such a grrrrr8 and informative site.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:48 AM
Contributors

Like I said earlier, good first post to pass on what is believed to be very important data. Better too much than too little Everybody does try to help here, one reason it is so good.

Just in case you are not aware, I have assembled a pretty comprehensive list of Service Bullitens over on the Dealer Purchasing and Service forum. It is there as a sticky and I will update periodically (current as of late November 05).

Here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=19188

As I say in the referenced post, if there is a specific bulletin someone needs I will try to get the info to you.