E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:58 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: car
Model Year: 2018
Default transmission question

Hello guys!
I'm having issues with my auto transmission, if car parked on incline facing down, I can not reverse, transmission will pop out from reverse to neutral, but dash will say "R" and then sometimes I have "flares" on downshifts from 5th to 4th or from 6th to 4th.
I took it to the dealer for diagnostics, they didn't find anything wrong with except one code "E087" and said to replace the GWS (gear shifting mechanism)
I did replace mechatronics sleeve and filter, drained and refilled fluid 2x.
Another issue that I have is in my car(2008 535xiT), when in park or idle I can feel engine vibration through the steering wheel and seats.
I was chasing steering wheel vibration and replaced brakes and every single control arm, but it turn out that vibration is coming from the engine.
Also in last 10k miles I replaced engine mounts, spark plugs, vacuum lines, turbos, coils, walnut blasting was done too.
Wife's car which is 2008 535xi sedan with manual is smooth and quiet.
TIA!
Any opinions on those problems? I just don't think that dealer is correct, it sounds to me more actual hardware issue.