E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Transmission Problem - Car Stayed in 2nd Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

Today I did a launch from a stoplight and something really weird happened and I'm wondering what the hell is going on. As the car shifted from first to second (auto tranny), all the sudden my music went off and the screens went blank, so I took my foot off the gas and was kinda freaked out. A few seconds later the screen came back on saying I had some type of tranny problem and to go to a dealership. I roll to a stop at the next stop sign and then the light turns green, so I drive like a regular human being instead of an asshat, but the car is reving really high, then it dawns on me that it never shifted from 2nd to 3rd. About a mile later I pull into a residential neighborhood and turn the car off for about a minute and then turn it back on. From there I didn't see the tranny problem pop back up on the screen, but I did drive like a little bitch all the way home since I was concerned. Anyone had this problem before? What the hell? (active stability or active suspension light went on yesterday for no reason too - brand new battery installed and programmed 1 month ago, so it shouldn't be a battery issue)