E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade 545i for NSX- Opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
kho
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 545i 6spd, I've been contemplating for days now to trade on a nice clean White NSX..
It's completely different kind of vehicles.

I just want to hear majority of E60 Owners' opinions on 545i 6speed for a 6spd NSX...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i SE Oct 03 (53 plate) 19" Alpina Classic rims

what age is the NSK?
what's its history? its really chalk and cheese in comparison, but if your heart says yes. then you should go for it.
However, history must be a must. And if it were me, I would want to know as much as I could on the 'exotic' prior to purchase - else it could get expensive.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Keep the E60 .
Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: I GOT A 2007 TITANIUM GRAY/AUBURN LEATHER 545I 6SPD MANUAL. COLD WEATHER PACKAE, PREMIUM, PREMIUM SOUND LOGIC 7, SPORT.

I've had the 545i 6SPd previously. I was not happy at all with the vehicle, and sold it in about 8 month of having it. I now have a 550i also a 6SPD and i got to say, its quiet a difference. BMW has their own problems with software and engine management systems ( which you won't have a problem with in an Acura), But the ride and everything else is, BMW is definitely better.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi Sports Wagon, Steptronic, Sapphire Black, Black Dakota, ZPP, CW, NAV, PDC, Rear Shades.

Originally Posted by kho' post='419885' date='May 1 2007, 12:50 PM
I have 545i 6spd, I've been contemplating for days now to trade on a nice clean White NSX..
It's completely different kind of vehicles.

I just want to hear majority of E60 Owners' opinions on 545i 6speed for a 6spd NSX...
The NSX is an an outstanding sports car. It's affordable, fairly inexpensive to maintain (compared to an exotic car), and have the Honda DNA in regards to both reliable and race bred technology. Chances are it will hold it's resale well because of it's limited production. The NSX aftermarket is not suprisingly very big because of the many Honda tuners worldwide. I've known a few NSX owners over the years; they've been very happy with their vehicles. Their biggest issue is lack of horsepower, but it's only an issue if one equates the NSX with the likes of Ferrari, Lambo, etc. One of my colleagues at work has owned a '95 NSX since new. He still has it and in the rare times he's brought it to work, it's amazing how pristine he's kept it. For a design dating back to the early 90's, it's still a gorgeous vehicle.

However, it does not make a great daily driver IMHO or at least it would not work for me. I carry way too much baggage on a daily basis (computer bag, gym bag, golf clubs, etc.) But as a weekend car, I'd consider one. It would rank very high up on a short list of 2 seater cars I'd consider which includes the Porsche 996 Carrera or 987 Boxster S, Z4M coupe, and Vette Z06.

I'd pull the trigger so long as the car has a good history and you've done your due diligence in regards to a thorough inspection. The NSX is a special interest car. The 545i 6MT, as great as it is, is not. But if it were up to me and I had the garage or driveway space, I'd keep the 545i and buy the NSX and drive both.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
kho
Members

There are 2 reasons why I want NSX: Targa Top and rare vehicle that you don't see daily. I see a lot of 5 series everyday. NSX- you're paying low price for an exotic looking car, at the same time with low maintenance costs.

The NSX that i'm interested in is 1998, throughout all the productioin years- main difference between pre 02 and 02+ is the projector headlights. The vehicle that I have my eyes on is listed for 39k with 83k miles. Given the fact that it's acura- therefore I don't worry too much about reliabilty, but of course before purchase- I'd like to do pre-purchase inspection through Acura Dealership.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

Sounds nice! I always liked the NSX as it is light, reliable, revs high and seems to maintain its resale well.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Contributors

I'd rather have a NSX simply due to the fun to drive factor. If you have other means of transportation, then I would add the NSX to the stable. Not to sure as to how it would be as your primary/daily driver though.

My buddy was looking at a NSX with a comptech SC and a lot of other goodies with a $39K asking price. So I think you could do better on the price.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Contributors

my opinion, it's a nice sunday car only, i would not drive that car daily, My friend owns a NSx i believe it's 97 with targa top you can remove and place in the trunk covers the engine part, but anyhow it's amazing how fast it picks up he did the whole headlight conversion to the new style and got the kit and all that done to it, it's nice to look at and drive sometimes, but i can't see myself in it everyday. And believe it or not i'm an acura fan, i had two integra's in the pass 94 , and 96 both manual and also a 2001 Acura TL and it's all fixed up. But i switch to a BMW. It's your choice, why not get a M3 or a m5? Good luck with you choice.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

OMG no! Keep the E60.

Quick Reply: Trade 545i for NSX- Opinions???