E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Track time at Cadwell Park in the 530d M-Sport :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Just a few pics and ramblings about my trip to Cadwell Park last friday....

Managed a 1:52 with a fuel pressure problem and having to manage the brakes quite a lot, despite fitting EBC Redstuff all round the day before, this really shows how capable the car is when I compare that with my lap times in my E46 which managed 1:55's

Yer I know, the bonnet is not down properly on one side........doh.

Filthy dirt car as the track was iced up in the morning and they had to lay down gritt

I removed my run flats for the day and fitted my 17inch Miglia 1000+ rims from my E34, these were shod with Michelin MXX3's

At the end of the day I had a sudden deflation in the right rear at 100mph turning into a fast left corner, nearly ended in disaster but I just managed to hold on to it somehow.....lady luck and a bit of opposite lock doing the job nicely, certainly made my eyes come out on stalks for that split second lol.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

Some more.....

Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

and more....

Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Members

Nice M kit.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent pics. I love Cadwell, I did 4 track days on bikes back in 97 and 98. The E60 must have been a handful through the tight mountain section, some nasty corners there to catch the unwary....
Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

Wasn't too bad to be honest, exit of Barn was interesting if you wanted to play, many laps I just powerslid from apex to exit just for kicks lol.

I tend not to overdrive Hall Bens, Hairpin and Barn because as you know its zero run off, hence the car was no more of a handfull there than anywhere else.

I've been several times in both cars & bike, one of my all time favourtites and never get bored stomping around it, also my local track being 35mins away.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Members

35 mins away, I hate you already . I used to travel down from Newcastle the night before, we'd stay the night in a pub in Louth right on the market square, can't remember the name. This was never a good idea for the night before a track day....

I never got the Gooseneck right, I just could not get enough confidence in the front end to get a really hard left/right transition, particularily as the track had a number of tar seams from repairs that would make the bike squirm. Or perhaps I just lacked bottle....
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Its really good in the goosneck now, proper tarmac all around Chris curve as well, no banding, here's some vid on how it is now and me looning around with my old E46 lol.......

There is no reason to feel you lacked bottle at any part of Cadwell Park, as you know it demands respect with it having very little run off or escape paths, especially at the goosneck, 80% of all accidents happen in the Goosneck aparantly !
Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Awesome pics!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Members

Nice bit of sideways driving, particularily impressed by your transition through the Gooseneck Mansfield, just at then end of your vid brings back memories of my first visit to Cadwell. I was following my mate on his new (to him) Bimota SB6, Mansfield has an off-camber exit and the SB6 is/was a torque monster, well he got on the throttle a little early and you can guess the rest....expensive weekend for him

All good fun and before kids. For some reason my wife put an end to my bike days after the second time she had to pick me up from hospital

The Houston area doesn't have any sports bike roads nearby so it doesn't really bother me anymore. I could never see the point of riding a sports bike in a straight line

Quick Reply: Track time at Cadwell Park in the 530d M-Sport :)