E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Took some pictures of the car

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 05:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you... like those comfort seats? Are they much different than sport seats?
Love 'em... I?ve tried all three types, standard, sport and comfort seat and the comfortseat is without a doubt way better than the other two types. There is really no reason to choose the sport seats instead of the comfortseats other than the fact that the comfortseats are a bit expensive. With the adjustable sidebolsters of the comfortseat it?s possible to get the same support as in the sportseats when engaging in sporty driving . When you don?t need "bucket seats" you just change the airfilled sidebolsters
Compared to the sportseats the comfortseats is much more comfortable, has way better headrests and more adjustment possiblities. .

Is that beige Dakota leather with Silver Grey? How do you like the interior color?
Yes, combo is beige Dakota leather with Silver Grey. I think the beige interior makes the interior look more inviting and luxiurious.

In the US you can't get that combo (per US brochure)
Really? thats stupid it?s a great combo in my opinion and it?s also recommended in the colorchart. It?s also the same combo as on the first presshots.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:37 PM
gary

I hope it is a typo on the US brochure because as you say all the marketing photos from BMW show the silver grey with the beige or auburn color interior. I wonder why this combo is not avalilble in the US market. Anyone know for sure? I hope comfort seats are in the budjet for me, still waiting on those US prices!

Gary
Old 08-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Members

How are the rear lights set up?
The rectangular strip on the bottom of the light assembly is a reflector.
There are no LED parts in the rear light assembly.
And what is the round part of the light I belive is a rear fog. Haven?t checked yet though. I?ll tell you if I?m misstaken after I?ve checked.

I'm concerned that the 530i may not be as fast as I like. Does the engine perform the same or better than the E39 530i? How do you like the 6 speed steptronic ?
In my opinion it?s fast enough and compared to the E39 it feels much smoother and is more quiet.
The performance appears to be virtually the same as in the E39 530i. However with dynamic drive and active steering the handling and driving dynamics are much better than in the E39. This make it possible to drive the E60 a lot faster on winding roads. The 6-speed steptronic is smooth and seems like the fuel economy is better than the previous 5-speed steptronic.

Why not a stick?
Because I prefer autos. I also think the Steptronic blends better with the smooth and futurstic character of the new five.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:17 AM

Can u post the pics elsewhere? Like on a web site or something. They're not showing up above now.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:04 AM
gary

Thanks for your answers Bimmer, I sure like to options you have. Nice ride
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Members

Das, Could you please post the pics if I send them to you?
Village photos has shut down my account.

This account is locked for the remainder of the day for exceeding the daily bandwidth limit of 5.00MB.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Dave B

Beemer, lovely looking car . Have just ordered Orient Blue with Dakota Beige. Saw one at the weekend and the int looked darker than in your picture. Did the colour of yours look similar to the chart. My chart looks a lot darker so a little worried that it will look kinda brown <_< !. Any ideas. Also, what size 124's did you get are they the 275/35 and 245/40 combo ?. Did you have the suspension dropped. Thanks for any info. Dave B
Old 09-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Members

Beemer, lovely looking car
Thanks...

The dealer had leather samples and painted metal samples. So it was 100% correct. The printed charts doesn?t always reflect the correct color, I think that there is even a disclaimer on them stating this fact.
Are you sure that the car you saw had beige interior and not truffle brown?
Also if you only saw the upholstery through the windows from the outside it may look a bit darker due to the slightly green tinted window glass that BMW uses.

The wheel and tire set-up is:
Starspoke 124 with Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST (run-flat)
8Jx18 front 245/40R18
9Jx18 rear 275/35R18

The car have dynamic drive but no sport suspension. With dynamic drive and 18 inch wheel package the handling is still superb and the ride comfort is at same time very high. It?s a great compromise between sport and ride comfort.
There is in my opinion really no reason to also get sport suspension other than looks. The sportsupension will most certainly have a bad effect on ride comfort.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Dave B

Thanks Beemer for your help. I hope my interior looks as good as yours which should give a nice contrast with the orient blue. Suppose I will have to be patient and wait and see. Car arrives at end of October. Live in Singapore and only being launched on 27 October so a little later tha europe. Will take your advice on the suspension. Love the wheels....have ordered same so pleased with that. Will post some pics when car arrives. Thanks again.....have fun with the car....great choice. Dave B
Old 10-04-2003, 01:38 PM
James

Beemer, Is it possible for you to post pictures of the driver's side view? Like showing the full driver's side? I want to see some more of that angle, its hard to find. I suggest using www.pbase.com for loading pictures. They are capable of loading high quality photos and its free. Thanks

Quick Reply: Took some pictures of the car