E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Took Delivery of my 2010 535i DSB!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I want to mess around with the electricals, the last time I did that on my other cars the dash lights went off lol.
Not a big deal, I don't need to be watching movies while I'm driving anyway. I am going to research what mods I plan to do most likely the sprint booster, RPI scoop, and *maybe* exhaust mods.. not sure since I've heard that you can lose a few horses from doing this.
I'm also thinking about putting in a proceed or dinan chip as well, but like I said I'm going to research these first.

This evening I took a long drive on the NJ turnpike and all I can say is this car rides very smooth. ALOT smoother than my 2007 525i with a manual transmission.
The car just leaps from standstill to 80 in what seems like blink of an eye. I'm just worried I will be speeding a lot without knowing it
The car pulls effortlessly and it seems that BMW did something different with the interior to make it feel a bit more sturdy, less windnoise, its hard to describe but it just feels good.
The comfort/sport seats as everyone have said in the past is amazing.. I can't believe how comfortable they are.
I'm still very shocked at how powerful this car pulls, its truly an amazing ride.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='911617' date='Jun 14 2009, 09:36 PM
I don't know if I want to mess around with the electricals, the last time I did that on my other cars the dash lights went off lol.
Not a big deal, I don't need to be watching movies while I'm driving anyway. I am going to research what mods I plan to do most likely the sprint booster, RPI scoop, and *maybe* exhaust mods.. not sure since I've heard that you can lose a few horses from doing this.
I'm also thinking about putting in a proceed or dinan chip as well, but like I said I'm going to research these first.

This evening I took a long drive on the NJ turnpike and all I can say is this car rides very smooth. ALOT smoother than my 2007 525i with a manual transmission.
The car just leaps from standstill to 80 in what seems like blink of an eye. I'm just worried I will be speeding a lot without knowing it
The car pulls effortlessly and it seems that BMW did something different with the interior to make it feel a bit more sturdy, less windnoise, its hard to describe but it just feels good.
The comfort/sport seats as everyone have said in the past is amazing.. I can't believe how comfortable they are.
I'm still very shocked at how powerful this car pulls, its truly an amazing ride.
I can't wait to see it at a future meet. It looked beautiful in pictures.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='911617' date='Jun 14 2009, 09:36 PM

M Tech kit in the future?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='911617' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:36 PM

congrats...don't forget to consider the juicebox/jb products (jb3 or jb+) as well for piggyback tunes....

GL with your future mod decisions, and happy motoring
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

i want that nav map
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

congrats, its a beauty.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='910563' date='Jun 13 2009, 02:55 PM
All I can say is wow... I didn't even drive it over 3K rpm but I could already see what this car coud do.
My previous car was a 2007 525i non sport car and I have a 2010 535i, sports pkg and this car is awesome..

Today's weather sucked here so my pics won'be so great, anyway I am very happy with this purchase.
bamboo is the best !
Old 06-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by sapphire 535i' post='914746' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:51 PM
bamboo is the best !
usually I agree with that

but pentan aluminum is now an option for the 2010 535i with the M sport package....
Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='914749' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:54 PM
usually I agree with that

but pentan aluminum is now an option for the 2010 535i with the M sport package....
Yeah, its unique, but on a sunny day the reflections are brutal... I sat in one outside the lot at a dealer.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Just some few cool stuff I noticed between MY2007 to MY2010..

1. The idrive screen can now be turned off completely. Very helpful during long night time drives to ease the eyes.
My old idrive could turn off but it still had background lights that kinda defeated the purpose.

2. Navigation is now voice commandable. All I do now is push the VC button and say the address in a normal speed and the idrive computer detects every word. Impressive! Voice command has gotten much better. I can also push the VC button and say Navigation >address book >friends name and routing starts.

3. Music don't keep playing when the car shuts off, so when I shut off my car and a certain part of the song and return later, it resumes same place.

I'll add more as I find them

Quick Reply: Took Delivery of my 2010 535i DSB!