E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

too lazy to wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure if there is a detail specific forum but wanted to let you guys all know about a great product from zaino-I have no affiliation to them-I simply like to keep my car clean, scratch free and shiny:

It is relatively new and called zaino CS-clear seal. It is a little spray bottle of liquid that is a sealant-something that replaces wax/zaino polish. It can be used with zaino polishes but is designed to be used alone as well to provide all the benefits of wax/sealant-protects, shines etc.

You simply clean your car and then use it like a quick detailer only you use very little. You literally spray a few sprays on a panel and wipe it on there and let dry. It disapears over the next few minutes as it soaks into the clear coat finish and provides an eye popping shine.

For further protection and shine I have started using their Grand finale spray-which is a sealant in a spray bottle designed to use on top of the CS or their polishes-it is really good at cuasing dust not to stick to your car. CS helps with dust but not nearly as well as the grand finale spray-also you just spray on and wipe off. You dont have to buff it, let it dry etc.

I am too lazy to do traditional wax, sealant etc-this is something you can do on a car in 2 minutes once clean and apply a bunch of coats-waiting 48 hours betwen coats and then it is good to go for 6 months of protection. (as long as you use proper washing products and dont use dish soap, car wash stations or detergents-using a good quality car wash product (mequires) and hand washing-this keeps the product on and untouched for the length of the protection.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diamond....where have you BEEN?

You started posting again? Anyway...good writeup.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha No love on this forum-pretty much concensus was nobody wanted me to post. I had just not been on the net much for a year and then found the 3 series forums which were more active so was keeping up with them regarding mods etc as they have the same engines as me-but I have found so many great finds that I really wanted to share with some e60 folks who I thought may appreciate the stuff I have learned-I made a few too many posts probably today but tried to pass on the things I have found really helpful!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Members

Sounds like good stuff. I've used that "wax as you dry" stuff from Eagle One that worked pretty decent. I'm like you, if I gotta polish for 2 hours, I say the hell with it, I freakin hate detailing cars!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

I have used CS and it is okay but there is better stuff out there. On autopia, the consensus is that Optimum Opti-Seal - which is a similar product works much much better. I would just use a regular sealant. I just got the optimum spray wax - works well.