E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TMC now works with Business Navigation in UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Oct 20 2004, 08:18 AM
Also what do you mean by checking the retrofit screen? Could you give more details?
[snapback]47063[/snapback]
this is not something the owner can access...only BMW service via their computer...its not an i-drive menu.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

Forgot to log in. That was me in the previous 2 posts.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

FINALLY i have got it working. Beham Stockport upgraded too 13.3 which came out yesterday and it works. I am very impressed with it so far.

I phoned them before i took the car and the tech guy said that there is no point bringing it in. I told him that i was 100% sure that it will work. We had a little arguement. So i told him to cancel it and ill go somewhere else. But then he said just bring it in, so i did. About 4hrs later he foned me to apologise because it was working.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Oct 21 2004, 06:51 PM
FINALLY i have got it working. Beham Stockport upgraded too 13.3 which came out yesterday and it works. I am very impressed with it so far.

I phoned them before i took the car and the tech guy said that there is no point bringing it in. I told him that i was 100% sure that it will work. We had a little arguement.? So i told him to cancel it and ill go somewhere else. But then he said just bring it in, so i did. About 4hrs later he foned me to apologise because it was working.
[snapback]47569[/snapback]
Great stuff. I'll have to go and sweet talk Blue Bell
Old 10-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Forgot to say that the dealer said that 13.3 makes the M-ASK computer faster. Ive not experianced this so far.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Oct 21 2004, 11:51 AM

I phoned them before i took the car and the tech guy said that there is no point bringing it in. I told him that i was 100% sure that it will work. We had a little arguement.? So i told him to cancel it and ill go somewhere else. But then he said just bring it in, so i did. About 4hrs later he foned me to apologise because it was working.
[snapback]47569[/snapback]
that is GREAT news. i think the tech guy will have been glad to see it working, I bet the dealers have been just as frustrated as us owners over the last few months with all the questions on TMC. At least now they are all learning the right combination of factors that customers need to enable it.

another result for e60.net
Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Members

Hi guys

My 530d is almost a year old, with biznav as an option. As I live part of the year in Austria, and mostly drive there and back, I have realised for some time that TMC has *always* worked on my car, in all countries in Europe except in the UK. I therefore figured that either the TMC is broadcast differently in the UK, requiring a different software decoder than in Europe, or that the TMC encoding on the DVD was not complete for the UK.

Turns out from reading this thread that the DVD is the most likely culprit. This suspicion is re-enforced by the insane approach taken by BMW UK, which is to try to charge me for fixing their original problem.

I'll let you know how I get on with BMW in due course, but I like the approach taken by our friend in Sweden over the lack of MP3 - which is to take them to the small claims courts. A lot of small claims soon add up to a big bill for the mighty and arrogant.

My question to you all is simple - are BMW fixing your problems with TMC for free or not?

Thx in advance!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Hi E60-530d-London. Great to see you back on the boards. Have you been lurking or just too busy driving?

Glad to hear the TMC error was as I suspected all along. Don't know if you noticed but there have been a couple of threads on 2004-2 business nac DVD's being erm, *cough* "made available" through members on here, so if BMW won't provide a fully working DVD at least you'll be able to get one.

I like the idea of a letter to BMW UK re: mp3 signed by the UK members here. We need to get something in writing asap. The car's been out for 15months+ and mp3 still not available. How hard can it be?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

TMC works on my Satnav Pro. But I have to manually tune to Classic FM to get it started. After that it's OK, until I start the car again.

I've selected "AUTO" but it doesn't remember to tune to Classic for the TMC data. Is that normal.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' date='Nov 22 2004, 08:53 PM
TMC works on my Satnav Pro. But I have to manually tune to Classic FM to get it started. After that it's OK, until I start the car again.

I've selected "AUTO" but it doesn't remember to tune to Classic for the TMC data. Is that normal.
[snapback]59448[/snapback]
Yep, it's a bug in v13.x (and v11.x).

Actually it will *eventually* find TMC whatever you are tuned to but I have seen it take over an hour on some occasions.

Shame because v12 was peachy for TMC, came on instantaneously.

Quick Reply: TMC now works with Business Navigation in UK