E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tire Coverge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Arrived back from a week traveling only to find my right rear tire flat!! Beautiful sight...raining hard, parking lot flooded in a suit and tie! Anyway, I tried the SOS and they were GREAT!! 20 mins later a tow truck arrived and installed my spare...question is does BMW cover flat tires...I don't imagine they would, but my nearest dealer is 30 miles away and if there are many tire shops closer. Should I take the flat tire to the dealer or just have a local tire shop repair it?

T.I.A. appreciate the advice
Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Nope, BMW does not cover unless you bought some third party tire and wheel coverage. Many dealers offer this at the time of sale... Take it to a good local repair shop.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='522985' date='Jan 25 2008, 10:18 PM
Nope, BMW does not cover unless you bought some third party tire and wheel coverage. Many dealers offer this at the time of sale... Take it to a good local repair shop.

Thx - I tried to purchase the wheel and tire coverage and the dealer told me it was not legal in CA for them to offer that...sounded strange at the time but I was in such a hurry to drive my new car...I didn't really pursue the thought....too bad now I'm probably going to have to purchse a new tire at almost the cost of the warranty......
Old 01-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

My "insurance" covered my first pothole damage to a front Conti and the wheel. The cost to replace the tire and wheel was more than the 5 year coverage.

If you can get coverage, after market, I would rush to do it.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

You did not mention if you have run-flat tires or regular tires.
I bought the wheel/tire warranty from the dealer when I bought my CPO 545i a year ago. The cost was $649 for 5 years. A couple weeks ago I noticed a nail in my left rear tire. The tire had not lost enough pressure to activate the FTM. I brought it to the dealer and they installed a new tire. The total cost for the tire, installation, balancing and disposal fee was $486. I have the Dunlop run flats.
My Service Advisor said that "technically" a fun flat can not be repaired. However, she said that she has "suggested" to owners who do not have the warranty that they can bring their tire to a repair shop to get patched.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='523068' date='Jan 26 2008, 11:07 AM
I bought the wheel/tire warranty from the dealer when I bought my CPO 545i a year ago. The cost was $649 for 5 years. A couple weeks ago I noticed a nail in my left rear tire. The tire had not lost enough pressure to activate the FTM. I brought it to the dealer and they installed a new tire. The total cost for the tire, installation, balancing and disposal fee was $486. I have the Dunlop run flats.
My Service Advisor said that "technically" a fun flat can not be repaired. However, she said that she has "suggested" to owners who do not have the warranty that they can bring their tire to a repair shop to get patched.
Sorry to say you were taken. Had the Dunlop RFT replaced at the dealer JMK BMW, $440 and change total cost for everthing. After the fact I purchased Wheel and Tire coverage from Paragon Auto Club $27. + per year. $350.00 per incident, $1400.00 annually.
cheers
vern
Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='523028' date='Jan 26 2008, 03:19 AM
My "insurance" covered my first pothole damage to a front Conti and the wheel. The cost to replace the tire and wheel was more than the 5 year coverage.

If you can get coverage, after market, I would rush to do it.

I'm looking into i tnow...any suggestions as to a good company?

thx!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='523068' date='Jan 26 2008, 08:07 AM

I have the Dunlop run flats (they do actually run flat) Anyway, I'll see if it can be repaired or not today. I need find a tire shop that has dealt with the BMW "valve stem" style TPM sensor - so they don't mess anything up fixing the flat.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='523106' date='Jan 26 2008, 12:47 PM
I'm looking into i tnow...any suggestions as to a good company?

thx!
California is one of those states where it may not be possible to get this. Best resource is to ask your dealer if this exists and to go from there.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='523111' date='Jan 26 2008, 10:05 AM
California is one of those states where it may not be possible to get this. Best resource is to ask your dealer if this exists and to go from there.
I hear you, my BMW dealer told me it was not available in CA...which may mean he dosen't offer it, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be available to us here on the West coast

Quick Reply: Tire Coverge?