E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tire\wheel service place needed that "Baby" custom wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

This morning I got a "Flat Tire" warning on the iDrive. I looked at all the tires and the level looks okay. I proceeded to check the pressure on all 4 tires when I noticed that the center valve pin on my rear right tire was sticking out past the top of the valve stem. Coincidentally, this tire has the lowest pressure. I tried to put more air in, but it just lets more air out. I guess I need to have the tire unmounted and have the valve stem replaced.

Does anybody know a tire\wheel place in Pasadena or Glendale, CA area that can work carefully with custom polished wheels? I don't want any hack shop scratching my wheels any further. Hopefully a place with rubber coated tools.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by balbs
This morning I got a "Flat Tire" warning on the iDrive. I looked at all the tires and the level looks okay. I proceeded to check the pressure on all 4 tires when I noticed that the center valve pin on my rear right tire was sticking out past the top of the valve stem. Coincidentally, this tire has the lowest pressure. I tried to put more air in, but it just lets more air out. I guess I need to have the tire unmounted and have the valve stem replaced.

Does anybody know a tire\wheel place in Pasadena or Glendale, CA area that can work carefully with custom polished wheels? I don't want any hack shop scratching my wheels any further. Hopefully a place with rubber coated tools.

Thanks!
There is a place in Walnut called Tire Central (Yelp it!). These guys not only sell tires at an awesome price but they know how to work with custom wheels. A vendor/member Michael AKA Acute Performance gets his wheels mounted there as well. I've personally gone there 3 times and left there happy. I also have 3-piece iForged wheels that needed TLC and they took care of it. Ask for Alan or Don. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
There is a place in Walnut called Tire Central (Yelp it!). These guys not only sell tires at an awesome price but they know how to work with custom wheels. A vendor/member Michael AKA Acute Performance gets his wheels mounted there as well. I've personally gone there 3 times and left there happy. I also have 3-piece iForged wheels that needed TLC and they took care of it. Ask for Alan or Don. Good luck!

Yes, I have used them when getting tires mounted on my wheels. However, I wanted some place closer. Also, It turns out that my wheels (DPE) uses a 90 degree valve stem so I can't just go to any tire shop to replace that. At least I don't know how common 90 degree valve stems are. Anyway, Michael (acuteperformance) mentioned a special tool the shops use to insert and remove the core from a valve stem. I bought one of these and it seemed to do the trick. I managed to screw the core with pin down to where the pin is just level to the top of the stem. I can't get it in deeper though. Now to take the car and see if I can get air in them.

Amazon Amazon