E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A tip on Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Sep 2 2004, 05:00 PM
I can understand your contradictary taste....and i would be mad as hell if it was illegal here in USA to have them on. But since they are not....i would say 80% of all luxury car owners do have them on while driving. Believe it or not...and i guess that makes them all STUPID! lol
nope... just american... oops or is that the same thing, regarding foglights, of course

Old 09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
MEX
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see, thats why users should log in to reply in a forum... thats not a nice thing to say , lets not start offending nationalities here
Old 09-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Iceman, you are one of the few forumers that I respect in this forum, I also appreciate your contribution here. However, I just find it very disturbing and distasteful to find those "f*cked up sh*t" in your posts, they are totally unnecessary, even if you do not agree with saurabh.

Over here in Singapore, we do not have fog, but most cars here are equipped with foglights. They are useful during heavy downpours. I'd say about 50% of teh cars here switch on the foglights at night. They are not blinding in my opinion, as the foglights are low shining on the roads only, and do not throw the lights upwards. I must say they look good with the city/small lights switched on.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Members

Wow!!! I also respect Iceman's opinions but I started reading this post and was quite taken aback by the tone and language the Iceman used to convey his "displeasure." Ice, I will not use the word "ignorant" for a whole week. C'mon people, we are only talking about lights on a car, not world peace.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Members

I feel really amused reading this topic , not understanding why people are heating up so much

I can confirm that in Germany (Europe) the authorities are rather strict on fog lights and most drivers switching them on without fog are either mistaken or want to impress other cars in front of them cleaning up the fast lane
But this is a very rare exception ...

In the US behavior is more tolerant - some people like to do and might be allowed by the authorities ... but USA is far away, why being annoyed in Germany.

Let the Americans switch on the fog lights whenever they want (hopefully the bulb prices will decrease worldwide as to the economies of scale ). In Germany a ticket is the risk to take, therefore only some young drivers who can not afford 6 cylinders or more will do it - no real matter, less than 1 promille!!! Having got some tickets they will give up... (I did sometimes - driving a Rabbit injection - stupid - long ago).

Actually, fog lights are not dangerous. Moreover I feel strongly annoyed being dazzled by full beam in the night, especially by the new Bi-Xenon technology.
Have you already realized the difference to standard Xenon technology (not supporting full beam) I would have confirmed Iceman that BiXenon flashed on a highway is a weapon - but never fog lights scattering the hard shoulder of the lane ...

Next topic, please! Save your energies ...

Regards

Jack-E61
Old 09-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Senior Members

In daylight I drive with, Fog + Angel eyes ON, and when it's dark I drive with xenon, and ONLY xenon.

No problems in Sweden. But if I drive with both xenon and fog on, I will get a ticket...
Attached Thumbnails A tip on Headlights-dsc00385_1_.jpg  
Old 09-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Wow guys, a bit out of control. Come on we know better ... no more new replies.