E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TintMax in Flushing,Queens

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011 | 01:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Tintmax in Flushing customer service is a joke and the staff is full of bullshit ... I first decided to go to them since they are an authorized dealer of 3m tint film, the tinter/owner (name Steve) has roughly 15 years experience, and the shop is about 15 minutes away from my house .. I called around 3pm and supposedly got Steve on the phone asked for a quote for my BM which was very reasonable and luckily he said he was free since it was raining I said I'll be there in a half hour to 45 minutes he said he'll wait until I came .. got there around 3:30 to my surprise an employee told me Steve is not here and somebody else (dude can't be more than 25) just started tinting a car that got there 10 minutes before me .. I waited a half hour for Steve to show up still no sign of him and the young dude tinting the car infront of me is on the same tail light (he still has the other taillight to do and both headlights) SMH .. I go back to see the employee I first saw when I got to the shop and he said Steve is still out and that the young dude was going to tint my car after he's done with the other car (the main reason why I came here is because I thought Steve who has the experience was gonna tint my car) he tells me the young dude been tinting for 15 years too just like the owner (Steve) which would mean that he's been tinting since he was 10? LOL .. I didn't argue because I wanted to do business with them but it gets worse I told the dude that I'll come back inna hour or 2 since Steve isn't there and the young dude isn't nearly finish with the previous car he tells me that Steve is very busy since he's the boss and basically said he doesn't have time to talk with a potential customer and that I will have to leave the car if I want to have it tinted today or I'll have to make another "appointment" for another day because if another car comes when I'm not there they'll take that car instead ..In my head I'm thinking you expect me to wait 2 hours until my car is looked at and another 2 hours for it to be finished and what's the point of making an appointment when I made one today and they just take any car that drives in next give me a fucking break .. don't go to them for tints and if you want a good hand wash place in queens go to Beverly Hills Auto Spa in Astoria same price as them $20 but you get more and better service hand wash exterior, vacuum interior, amorall tires, leaf blower your car dry then use absorber to dry off excess, windex windows

On a better note just called the tint shop in great neck I read the reviews about joe on e90post.com and the bmws he's done 25 years experience, fantasic work and stands by his lifetime warranty .. probably go tomorrow will write a review and take some pictures
Old 07-26-2011 | 01:55 PM
Senior Members

Nothing worse than bad customer service and customer relations, I would have left too.
Old 07-28-2011 | 09:04 PM
Members

I agree, Beverly Hills hand car wash in astoria does an amazing job, been going there for a year now