E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Time Attack Wheels and car shaking.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='929125' date='Jun 30 2009, 10:06 PM
road force balancing is key. also when you find a shop that does it make sure you watch them do it. Some shops will allow it to be off .5, but make sure they zero out your wheels on the machine.

Also you might want to look into getting different hub rings. i had the crappy metal ones and they sucked ass. I bought new ones off ebay for 10 dollars and they solved my problem! If you want a link to my auction pm me and i will dig through my old auctions and find it for you! Hope you get everything figured out!
Road Force balancing?... any ideas which shop does a good in in SoCal.. around alhambra, los angeles area?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by speakerboxxz' post='928962' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:07 AM
So what you're saying is take it back to the tire shop and see if they could find out what's wrong and keep on doing it till it stops vibrating.... also a quick question.. the tire only put the hub rings in the front wheels... is that correct?
Yes, take it back and like others are saying, to a shop with a road force balance machine.
Ask them to check that tires are ok too, that there's no out of round ones. Ask them to put hub rings on rear wheels too.
And like Alpine White Girl said, maybe better hub rings would help also. I asked a workshop to make me new ones and they were a very tight fit!
And when balancing, be satisfied only on 0 readings on every wheel. GL.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

well, there's a set of rims I'm definitely not getting...

BTW OP, you have to do something about that reflector in the bumper - it totally kills the time attack. But you know, it does look really good already - just kill that orange ASAP
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Members

b]SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I CAN NOT TO FIX IT AND I TRY FOR TREE MONTHS!!!
I BUY AND CHANGE MY 19 INCH WHEELS WITH A BRAND NEW 19 MIRO 935 MODEL,I INSTALL THEM WITH ALL 4 HUBCENTRTIC RINGS AND WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION BECAUSE ARE FITING EXACTLY AND WHEN I START TO DRIVE I FEEL A VIBRATION ON MY STEERING WHEEL JUST WHEN THE CAR RUNNING,I MAKE THE BALANCE FOR 4 TIMES AND ONE TIMES WITH HUNTER BALANCE MACHINE , I CHECK THE TIRES AND EVRETHING ITS OK,HONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO? I CHECK THE FORUM AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGERATE TO MAKE THE ALINGMENT BUT THIS STEEP NOT REZOLV THE VIBRATION PROBLEM 90% ,MY QUESTION ITS IF SOMEBODY KNOW IF I NEED TO INSTALL THE WHEELS WITH SPACERS OR I'M thinking TO CHECK THE FRONT LOWER ARMS W/BUSHINGS MAIBY SOMNTHING ITS WRONG... ???
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITH ANY OPINION ARE WELCOME !!

PS MY TIRES ARE : FRONT-245/35/19
REAR--275/30/19[/b]
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Members

b]SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I CAN NOT TO FIX IT AND I TRY FOR TREE MONTHS!!!
I BUY AND CHANGE MY 19 INCH WHEELS WITH A BRAND NEW 19 MIRO 935 MODEL,I INSTALL THEM WITH ALL 4 HUBCENTRTIC RINGS AND WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION BECAUSE ARE FITING EXACTLY AND WHEN I START TO DRIVE I FEEL A VIBRATION ON MY STEERING WHEEL JUST WHEN THE CAR RUNNING,I MAKE THE BALANCE FOR 4 TIMES AND ONE TIMES WITH HUNTER BALANCE MACHINE , I CHECK THE TIRES AND EVRETHING ITS OK,HONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO? I CHECK THE FORUM AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGERATE TO MAKE THE ALINGMENT BUT THIS STEEP NOT REZOLV THE VIBRATION PROBLEM 90% ,MY QUESTION ITS IF SOMEBODY KNOW IF I NEED TO INSTALL THE WHEELS WITH SPACERS OR I'M thinking TO CHECK THE FRONT LOWER ARMS W/BUSHINGS MAIBY SOMNTHING ITS WRONG... ???
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITH ANY OPINION ARE WELCOME !!

PS MY TIRES ARE : FRONT-245/35/19
REAR--275/30/19[/b]
Attached Thumbnails Time Attack Wheels and car shaking.....-bmw-049.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
road force balancing is key. also when you find a shop that does it make sure you watch them do it. Some shops will allow it to be off .5, but make sure they zero out your wheels on the machine.

Also you might want to look into getting different hub rings. i had the crappy metal ones and they sucked ass. I bought new ones off ebay for 10 dollars and they solved my problem! If you want a link to my auction pm me and i will dig through my old auctions and find it for you! Hope you get everything figured out!

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,!!!

thnks for your opinion you know i think mee to this problem!! when i buy the car in december the dealership tell me they change the front tires with new ones but in the rear they keep the old ones but the rear tires tread its was like 80% and i dont know if its a big diferenge between front new ones!! my bull sheet tireas are almost new but are NEXEN TIRES ,i have IN THE FRONT N700-245/35/19 and N300-275/30/19,i order yestarday your hub centric rings because (i have the aluminium now) and try to switch betweens the front wheels and balance them with HUNTER MACHINE and im gone check one more time the tires and maiby my tires are bad and make the stering wheel vibration!!!

QUESTION: DO YOU KNOW IF I NEED TO BALANCE THE TIRES WITH THE HUB CENTRIC RINGS ON THE WHEELS OR WITHOUT THE RINGS BECAUSE SOMBODY TOLD ME TO TRY TO HAVE THE RINGS ON THE WHEELS WHEN THE MECHANIC BALANCE THEM AND I DONT KNOW??

AND IM THINKING TO CHANGE MY ALMOST NEW NEXEN TIRES WITH CONTINETAL SPORT CONTACT !!DO YOU KNOW ARE OK THIS TIRES??
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,!!!

thnks for your opinion you know i think mee to this problem!! when i buy the car in december the dealership tell me they change the front tires with new ones but in the rear they keep the old ones but the rear tires tread its was like 80% and i dont know if its a big diferenge between front new ones!! my bull sheet tireas are almost new but are NEXEN TIRES ,i have IN THE FRONT N700-245/35/19 and N300-275/30/19,i order now your hub centric rings and try to switch betweens the front wheels and balance them with HUNTER MACHINE and im gone check one more time the tires and maiby my tires are bad and make the stering wheel vibration!!!

QUESTION: DO YOU KNOW IF I NEED TO BALANCE THE TIRES WITH THE HUB CENTRIC RINGS ON THE WHEELS OR WITHOUT THE RINGS BECAUSE SOMBODY TOLD ME TO TRY TO HAVE THE RINGS ON THE WHEELS WHEN THE MECHANIC BALANCE THEM AND I DONT KNOW??

AND IM THINKING TO CHANGE MY ALMOST NEW NEXEN TIRES WITH CONTINETAL SPORT CONTACT !!DO YOU KNOW ARE OK THIS TIRES??
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Default Hub Centric Ring

Anyone using Hub Centric Rings/ Hub Rings/ Spacers/ for the GT1 Wheel - MRR Design ?

Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

I would consider getting better hubcenrtic rings that fit tight...the ones I have right now suck lol and thats why the car vibrates. Im getting a shop to machine them next week and I am hoping that works.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Originally Posted by speakerboxxz
Road Force balancing?... any ideas which shop does a good in in SoCal.. around alhambra, los angeles area?
I heard Firestone does

Quick Reply: Time Attack Wheels and car shaking.....