E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

In on Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

The trucks going in on Thursday for a CIP install/reprog (latest). I have noticed sometimes when I pull away from a standing start a small jolt as the auto box kicks in, not always but enough to annoy.

Dealer wasnt giving me much thrift regarding the Brake force indicator (More brake lighting when you hit the brakes hard). He gave me loads of flanel about having to stand the car on its nose before they work...wasnt buying any of that, I was was told I had them, to date no evidence that they are programmed,since they allowed them to be used in the EU. I even had a mate follow and he said that only the normal brake lights lit when I jumped on the brakes.

When I mentioned the tranny issue he didnt hesitate to book it in and will look at both, also getting him to check the seal on the passanger front door (starting to creak).

I'll let you know what happens...anyone else had the brake force lighting checked out?

Prob get a crap loaner, will see what i can wangle.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

I think the break force thing cuts in only when the ABS is activated too...you sure you heard the cung cung cung cung (thats a g gentlemen) when you hauled anchor?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='221562' date='Jan 9 2006, 06:53 PM
I think the break force thing cuts in only when the ABS is activated too...you sure you heard the cung cung cung cung (thats a g gentlemen) when you hauled anchor?
Locked it up good..plenty of cung cung cung (with a "g) etc, tried in the recent snow also...didnt seem to work. Fingers crossed on Thurs.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mixterk' post='221561' date='Jan 9 2006, 06:48 PM
The trucks going in on Thursday for a CIP install/reprog (latest). I have noticed sometimes when I pull away from a standing start a small jolt as the auto box kicks in, not always but enough to annoy.

Dealer wasnt giving me much thrift regarding the Brake force indicator (More brake lighting when you hit the brakes hard). He gave me loads of flanel about having to stand the car on its nose before they work...wasnt buying any of that, I was was told I had them, to date no evidence that they are programmed,since they allowed them to be used in the EU. I even had a mate follow and he said that only the normal brake lights lit when I jumped on the brakes.

When I mentioned the tranny issue he didnt hesitate to book it in and will look at both, also getting him to check the seal on the passanger front door (starting to creak).
AFAIK BFD kicks in with ABS only. (Enough TLA's?!) It should already be enabled for you with that build date!

Depending on which software you have now you may notice an improvement in the auto changes. I did going from v13 to v18. However, the main problem is usually a small jolt when changing down from 2nd to 1st... (i.e. the 'slam' problem)

Your car should have the latest seals!