E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thoughs about design after owning

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -04 530D

Ones again we can see that down sides are really minor things and that what makes car THE CAR are most appreciated.

Good "hunting" wolwerine

Skaffa
Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Exterior - the best
Interior leaves MUCH room to be desired.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 15 2004, 04:31 PM
i parked my car and walked away the other day.? a father and son walked by me and looked at my car and said, "wow, nice car!"? both of them just circled around it .? man, i love my babe !
[snapback]69462[/snapback]
I was waiting for green trafic light in order to move; two young girls were waiting the bus at my right , I read on their lips one saying to the other: Look what a nice car

Fantastic car.
As I will stop a bit to ride I will take pictures to show.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:52 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Dec 15 2004, 03:22 PM
For the record, I do like the cat eyes (w/lids)
[snapback]69438[/snapback]
I like the headlight shape, too. It makes other Bimmers and headlight designs rather bland. I agree on the trunk line/hatchback comment, too. For that reason, I think we should avoid profile shots with the trunk open.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Dec 15 2004, 06:45 PM
I am living with I-drive? ? but I still wish it was easier to set and change radio stations.
Whatever you set the idrive radio controls to (manual,preset) will change what the steering wheel control button does.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

- I hate the iDrive confirmation upon startup (NA only I think)
- Cup holder is too far from driver... half useless. But, coming from an E39 - you want to talk about a useless cupholder?...
- Interior is spacious over Last model, but requires a little more luxury when compared to E-class, or Audi competitors.
- Wood overlay looks like wood stickers put everywhere. Doesnt line up with center vents under the IDrive. They should have framed the vents, like in the 7 series, give it a more finished look.
- They could have put at least ONE chrome accent somewhere!...
- standard headrests pivot, not angle!???

Other than some interior glitches, I love the exterior! really has grown on me...
Dynamic drive is the BEST option they ever came out with!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

As to the design: I think the E60 is the most aggressive, muscular looking sedans on the road. Having said that, I think I like the lines of the E90 3er even better. Hopefully, there will be some "in the metal" at the Freimann delivery center when my wife and I pick up our X3 in mid-April.

Wood overlay looks like wood stickers put everywhere. Doesnt line up with center vents under the IDrive. They should have framed the vents, like in the 7 series, give it a more finished look.
I would agree on how the wood dash trim was placed vis a vis the Aircon vents, but that's such a minor thing that I had never even thought of it until you mentioned it

I actually like the position and actuation of the cupholders. In my 330, cups and cans were constantly getting in the way of shifting gears. My suspicion is that BMW engineers and interior designers put more emphasis on the ergonomics of a manual transmission vehicle than a slushbox vehicle.

I haven't had one problem with them sticking or breaking or doing anything othen than holding cups

-MrB
Old 12-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky' date='Dec 16 2004, 07:30 AM
I was waiting for green trafic light in order to move; two young girls were waiting the bus at my right , I read on their lips one saying to the other: Look what a nice car?

Fantastic car.
As I will stop a bit to ride I will take pictures to show.
[snapback]69656[/snapback]
man, you didn't offer them a ride ?

pics of your car or those girls ?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I really liked the design of the car from day 1. I fell in love with it the first time I hand washed it. Those lines are absolutely beautiful.
IMO, the E60 looks fresh wile the always-compared-to E-class MB is already looking tired and dated.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Members

No complaints, saw the the first pictures about 1 1/2 years ago and I knew I was boing to wait for the production.

Quick Reply: Thoughs about design after owning