E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Things I hope I never see on 5er ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The auto trunk close would be great to have. When you have your hands full of stuff (like coming from the mall) it would be great to just push a buttom on your key

It is strange that the E60 doesn't have the auto-folding rear view mirrors feature

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I still like the gear shift between the seats.

Not only the 7-series has a shift stalk but also the new S- and ML-series Mercedes-Benz's got it.
The new S-series M-B has now also a iDrive!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Members

I would not mind the auto trunk close, but would hate the shift stalk on the wheel. I've seen it on the 7 and it reminds me of a 1970's Buick with column shift
Old 08-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' date='Aug 12 2005, 05:28 AM
1. Shift stalk.?
2. Auto trunk close
3. Steering wheel shift buttons
4. Rear iDrive (for the Li)
[snapback]158418[/snapback]
I wish the E60 had all these items. Why would anyone not want them? Okay, admittedly, the rear i-drive for the E60 might be a waste of time and space because the E60 is not a LARGE car, but I'd rather have the shift stalk and the steering wheel shift buttons anytime. And the auto trunk close is just sooooo cool.

The internal door trim lights are out of this world. Great ambience.

The E65 steering wheel is a little underfed though... so thin.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Auto trunk closer should be a must!

People always press on the trunk to close my trunk, leaving a hand print with scratches (Dusty trunk lid). I avoid this by pushing down from the license plate, which is alway dirty. Better to get my hands dirty than scratching my paint job.

I am talking about a fully automatic trunk closing system, not the one that you still have to manually close it to a certain distance.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:21 AM
Auto trunk closer should be a must!

People always press on the trunk to close my trunk, leaving a hand print with scratches (Dusty trunk lid).? I avoid this by pushing down from the license plate, which is alway dirty.? Better to get my hands dirty than scratching my paint job.

I am talking about a fully automatic trunk closing system, not the one that you still have to manually close it to a certain distance.
[snapback]158623[/snapback]
Yes, i wish we had teh hydraulic trunk close option on the e60.

I avoid getting dirty by using the internal pull grips - twist your hand upside-down - grip, pull down & pull out quickly - and the trunk closes w/out getting your hands dirty. (its the Quick Early pull out method - its not as efficient in other ways, but works great for this )
Old 08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Auto trunk close is wonderful--had it on my E55.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Aug 12 2005, 08:43 AM
[quote name='speedracerF4i' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:21 AM']Auto trunk closer should be a must!

People always press on the trunk to close my trunk, leaving a hand print with scratches (Dusty trunk lid).? I avoid this by pushing down from the license plate, which is alway dirty.? Better to get my hands dirty than scratching my paint job.

[snapback]158623[/snapback]
Yes, i wish we had teh hydraulic trunk close option on the e60.

I avoid getting dirty by using the internal pull grips - twist your hand upside-down - grip, pull down & pull out quickly - and the trunk closes w/out getting your hands dirty. (its the Quick Early pull out method - its not as efficient in other ways, but works great for this )
[snapback]158629[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's how I do it--even taught my kids to do it--I'll be some people don't even know the pull grips are there!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 12 2005, 02:06 AM
i like the auto trunk close as well.? my gf still has hard time to close the trunk even after my tech adjusted the spring to "softer" .
[snapback]158491[/snapback]
Why does she has a problem?
Pull it down until it's closed... from the inside of course...
Old 08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

she doesn't have enough strength/power to pull it. but if you are talking about she's from the "inside" of the trunk, that's different story .
Old 08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

After loading up my trunk lid with like 15 pounds of Dynamat, I no longer have a problem with the trunk being too hard to close.

Quick Reply: Things I hope I never see on 5er ...