E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Are these the best angel eyes i can get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
Mtec v2.1's are completely plug and play and much less than OSS
for plug and place the ICE V3 is a better choice, we sell both and outsell the Mtec 10 to 1.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yeah, except everyone that has seen the Orions in person will never be satisfied with Mtec's.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
ORION V2'S FOR THE WIN
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by pinguhk
get brabusw209amg HID 1s they look much better.
these 1s are well over priced for what they are.
Better looking is subjective.

The original poster has 2007, so HID AE is not possible.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor

Orion V2 - while a PITA for cutting/opening the lights is the best (subjectively speaking) in terms of looks.
But it's the best objectively in terms of quality: water proof, fail proof, and 100K+ working hours without heat failure or UV problems.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sdg1871
For about 1/3 of what OSS charges, brabusw209amg hooked me up with HID AEs that are way brighter than the OSS LEDs.
HID AE's???? Keep talkin...
Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

i was driving around this past weekend and say an e46 m3 with orion v2's...the driver side ring was 1/2 out...as much of a PITA it was to install the first time, I can't imagine having to do it again...strange only 1/2 the driver's side ring was out tho and not the complete ring....

also saw a bentley coupe 2 wks ago with orion's...looked weird on the Bentley
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by neoe60
HID AE's???? Keep talkin...
HID is not an option for you, unless you have LCI xenon headlights retrofitted on your pre-LCI e60...if this is not the case...stop the HID suggestions...unless you plan on retrofitting LCI xenon headlights, then throwing in HID's from brabus
Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
i was driving around this past weekend and say an e46 m3 with orion v2's...the driver side ring was 1/2 out...as much of a PITA it was to install the first time, I can't imagine having to do it again...strange only 1/2 the driver's side ring was out tho and not the complete ring....

Come on now.
I saw a car with 4 wings on it's back, stapled to the back of the trunk...

If they were Orion V2, then most likely he didn't plug in the other side of the V2 properly into the box. As mentioned before, and by every one of our customers, they simply don't fail. Of course, plugging them in helps.

As for the Bentley, we completely a $2500 retrofit for a Bentley customers just 2 weeks ago, and he does drive his car to LA and yes, it was a coupe - grey I think is what he said, but I'm not sure because we only had the lights .
Flat black insides with silver paint trim, quad HID projectors with full LED package and Orion V2 for the accents.

I gotta find some photos of it, looked quite good. Did this Bentley have the body kit on it yet?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
Mtec v2.1's are completely plug and play and much less than OSS
We are referring to the Orion V2s and has NOTHING to do with MTEC V2.1s.

Originally Posted by pinguhk
get brabusw209amg HID 1s they look much better.
these 1s are well over priced for what they are.
Not exactly better looking. It's two different designs. Orion V2 provides you with super bright LED rings which gives evenness on both rings on the headlight. My HID angel eyes give you the lighting output capable to drive at night since it provides both brightness and lumens. If I have to choose, I will of course choose HID angel eyes but it's ONLY available for LCI xenon headlamps.

Originally Posted by umnitza
Orion V2 - while a PITA for cutting/opening the lights is the best (subjectively speaking) in terms of looks.
But it's the best objectively in terms of quality: water proof, fail proof, and 100K+ working hours without heat failure or UV problems.
It is a PITA to cut/open the headlights but if you have the patience, it can be done. HID angel eyes are more "plug and play" but not fully plug and play. HIDs still run on ballasts which has a safety feature in case of shorts or power surges, it shuts down.

Originally Posted by umnitza
Come on now.
I saw a car with 4 wings on it's back, stapled to the back of the trunk...

STAPLED???? LOL. I saw a Camry with a wooden rod and wing SCREWED into the trunk. And the wing was installed the wrong way
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

Matt can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the E46 actually require cutting. I think it's not too difficult to access the headlights to install the Orions on them.

Also, not sure if the Orion kit is similar between E46 and E60, but the harness has two adapters that needs to be plugged in. If it's not done correctly, not all AE's will light up correctly.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Matt can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the E46 actually require cutting. I think it's not too difficult to access the headlights to install the Orions on them.

Also, not sure if the Orion kit is similar between E46 and E60, but the harness has two adapters that needs to be plugged in. If it's not done correctly, not all AE's will light up correctly.
I did 2 E46's Orion V2's before. They dont require to cut open the headlights, its so freaking easy!

Quick Reply: Are these the best angel eyes i can get?