E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

THAT'S IT - GOODBYE BMW

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you guys. As you can see in my signature I am on my 3rd 530i in a year. The only reason I stuck with them is that it would have killed me financially not to go with the buy back BMW offered. Luckily, no major problems with the 2006, but I only have 2k miles on it. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I have the same feelings about my car.
I am getting really tired of driving to the dealership to get annoying little stuff fixed. Every time I get the car back it works for a couple of weeks and then something else goes wrong.
I was REALLY anticipating this car and scraping the money together for it was NOT that easy, but it has in many ways disappointed me (NOT the performance, that is awesome...). But does building a great driver's car exclude high quality? I don't think it should, in particular not for $65,000!!!!!!!!!!!!
For example, my friend had a Subaru Impreza WRX STi (hell of a car, too...) for over one year now and not a single problem with it. The same with another friend with a Porsche Boxter S - no problems whatsoever in over 2 years. So, it can be done.....
Old 08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Orient Blue/Beige interior 545i: Cold weather pkg, Nav system, Premium sound, Sport Pkg, satellite prep, 30% smoke tinted windows all around, waiting for my euro red reflectors and umbrella!

I have had my car for 5 months, 3900 miles, and it has been in the shop on 4 occasions. Once for a dead battery 5 days after I rolled it off the lot, once for steering wheel vibration and rough ride, and twice for the check engine light (increased emmissions warning). Oh yeah, I'm taking it in tomorrow for the check engine light/emmissions problem again. I think they have had the car in the shop about 10 days total, and of course I am lucky if I get and X3 loaner, but I hear I'll be getting a crappy rough riding Toyota.
I am ready to give up on the car, and the lemon law here states loss of use for 30 days during first 12 months, or in for repair for the same problem on 3 occasions or more. I never had such issues with my Lexus vehicles!!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Damn !!... I have the same problem ! I though it's just a poor radio reception..

Will BMW buy your car back for that ??

Amazing..
Old 08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Senior Members

IMO, alot of members around here are too perfectionists. Yeah some of them may have had quite a few problems, but that's just local. It's not generalized. I have the car for almost 2 months and 2000km and all i can say it's just superb. I saw that i also have the windows anti trap problem...but that's just i dunno minor things, things that don't bother me. I'm not going to take my car to the dealer, eyes in tears, sayin OMG i have to push twice from time to time to get the windows up! Anyway for sure in general it may lack a little bit in reliability but in the end as a forum member said before me: A BMW will not be as problem free as a Lexus but a Lexus will never drive like a BMW. It all depends on luck and choice!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Members

I really feel lucky had a E39 for 4 years and a early build 2004 E60 No problems at all...zero..very dependable..and I drive them like they re stolen...Oh well...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

It's amazes me that considering how much we pay for this car, that BMW expects us to put up with all these issues.

I never remember people complaining of the last model like this. In fact, I used to own a 2002 530 and I thought it was a great car. I never had any problems.

Even automobile journalists (granted, they could be biased), who used to think the last BMW 5 series was head and shoulders above the competition, are not so keen on the new model.

I haven't seen one BMW 5 series finish on top in any comparison test recently. BMW has screwed up with this model. Part of it is Bangle's design, the other part is reliance on too much technology. Come on, I-drive is Windows-based.

I keep making excuses for the car, but I shouldn't have to. And when we say that these issues are the price to pay for performance, then we are just buying into BMW''s corporate line.

BMW will lose loyal customers unless it improves quality control and gives buyers what they want, not want BMW thinks they should want.

Even look at the gaps in the panels of the 5 series and 3 series. I was comparing it too my wife's Acura and the difference is huge. To me, it seems like more cost-cutting and padding of BMW's bottom line.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Knobjockey' date='Aug 23 2005, 04:47 PM
We have had the car 12 months and it has been off the road with sunroof problems, a broken cd player, antitrap function, rubbing noise from the steering wheel for a total of 3 weeks.
My wife's car is in for it's first service Tuesday and here is the list of problems!

All doors squeak,
Steering wheel still rubbing,
Poor windscreen wipers again,
I/drive lock up,
Nav freezing,
Parcel shelf not retracting, (E61)
Anti trap function, (3rd time)
Seat belt warning,
hesitant start,passenger cup holder has never worked,
brakes squeal.

That's it for now!
13000 miles so far and I guess it will be gone for a few days to a week.

1 month a year lost in the garage seems a bit much to me and if it was not for the massive money I've lost on it I would have got rid by now but I want at least some use for the ?000's I've lost.

Good luck to you and I don't blame you. :thumbsdown:
[snapback]162438[/snapback]
Dropped it off this morning and got a 320d Touring that my wife can not get all three kids in. Called this afternoon and said they need it overnight (surprise surprise)
Said they never knew about any problems with door seals so I gave them the part numbers.
A real crap car by all accounts!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by Knobjockey' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:59 AM
[quote name='Knobjockey' date='Aug 23 2005, 04:47 PM']We have had the car 12 months and it has been off the road with sunroof problems, a broken cd player, antitrap function, rubbing noise from the steering wheel for a total of 3 weeks.
My wife's car is in for it's first service Tuesday and here is the list of problems!

All doors squeak,
I/drive lock up,
Nav freezing,
Seat belt warning,
brakes squeal.

That's it for now!

1 month a year lost in the garage seems a bit much to me and if it was not for the massive money I've lost on it I would have got rid by now but I want at least some use for the ?000's I've lost.

Dropped it off this morning and got a 320d Touring that my wife can not get all three kids in. Called this afternoon and said they need it overnight (surprise surprise)
Said they never knew about any problems with door seals so I gave them the part numbers.
[snapback]162916[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe the problem isn't that the car is crap but that the quality of the service is. Have you tried another dealer? Some of them just seem to be totally incompetent.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Aug 24 2005, 03:32 PM
[quote name='Knobjockey' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:59 AM'][quote name='Knobjockey' date='Aug 23 2005, 04:47 PM']We have had the car 12 months and it has been off the road with sunroof problems, a broken cd player, antitrap function, rubbing noise from the steering wheel for a total of 3 weeks.

All doors squeak,
I/drive lock up,
Nav freezing,
Seat belt warning,
brakes squeal.

That's it for now!

[snapback]162916[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe the problem isn't that the car is crap but that the quality of the service is. Have you tried another dealer? Some of them just seem to be totally incompetent.
[snapback]162992[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ohhh what a huge truth! Incompetent dealership/service with some bad luck with the car (especially on trasport cuz i heard stories that frightened me) can result in a bad car but that doesn't mean all bmws out there are the same thing.

Quick Reply: THAT'S IT - GOODBYE BMW