E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

THAT'S IT - GOODBYE BMW

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by silver bullet' date='Aug 23 2005, 10:32 AM
If you are on a lease why would they buy it back?? Also seems a bit extreme to expect them to buy out of a car that doesn't fit under the lemon law.? It is just a radio, but then again you'd think a 60k car could have a properly functioning radio.? One thing though is that BMW does not make a good radio anyway.? My E39 has gone through 3 radios and still it doesn't work well.? The FM receiver goes out for periods of time for no apparent reason.? I don't really care that much because I listen to more AM radio and CD's.? Certainly a radio malfucntion while annoyng is not enough to get me to drive another car or expect a company to buy it back.? I do understand it is more important to others. Good luck, but I wouldn't write off the brand due to a bad radio.
[snapback]162399[/snapback]
alright NOOB!

1. replacing the radio with an aftermarket radio is NOT quite as easy as it may be with your honda.
2. why would they not offer to buy it back, or change it out?
they sude did with me. My '04 530i had nothing but issues ... no, the engine didn't blow, the steering didn't fail ... but it was SMALL issues ... lots of them. and with a $60K-$70K car .. i sure don't expect it to bring it back every few weeks. besides the fact that by continiously coming back, i was BMWofA's money for paying labor rates to attempt to fix something.

Farbton,

I understand where youa re coming from, and while i was going through the same issues, i consider trading it many times ... which would've completely put my finances in a state of chaos ...
After my car spent approximately 70-90 days in the shop, I cought the regional service manager at the dealership & talked to him. After explaining my issues & disappointment to him in detail, he agreed with me and gave me his complete support. within 14 days i received notice through my dealership that BMWofA has agreed on NO LOSS TO ME terms to replace the car.
Yes, I am on a Lease too.
Next day i went ahead and ordered the new car .. to my specs .. and only paid for the upgraded options i picked .. and list price for them, NOT msrp/retail price.

I now have a car that hasn't had an issue yet, and i don't anticipate one. to date i have 3700 miles on it (in 3 weeks .. so i understand that even small annoyances get to be big ones when you drive that much).

I guess i'd stick it out for a little bit longer, and just keep bringing it back until they decide to come to agreeable terms. Or send a Letter to BMW germany ... i'm almost certain that you will receive some assistance that way.

Good Luck.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

What you should do is find a lawyer. I have a friend who used to drive a Mercedes S55. Had so many problems. His car was in MB shop more than 3 months for the first year. He jokes about paying S55 lease and drive a loander ML320.
MB wouldn't agreed to buy back his car, until he hired a laywer. MB agreed to pay the full amoung of the car and lease. Which means he doesn't have to pay a penny for the time he own the car. Just the fee to the lawyer.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

My car also had the same issues with the radio. I've posted about it many times. The dealer has replaced everyting and it cannot be fixed. They even recently replaced the entire CCC unit (I have NAV). Nope, no dice. Issue is still there.

BMW will probably agree to buy your car back. Send a certified letter to their legal department in New Jersey. You will get all money paid back minus a mileage offset. Most states have this mileage offset rule, which is sort of like paying for the wear on the car. It is less than depreciation though and you can just maybe order a 2006 550i and hope for the best (if you want to stay with BMW). Read about it on line. Lots of info. out there.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:00 PM
What you should do is find a lawyer.? I have a friend who used to drive a Mercedes S55.? Had so many problems.? His car was in MB shop more than 3 months for the first year.? He jokes about paying S55 lease and drive a loander ML320.
MB wouldn't agreed to buy back his car, until he hired a laywer.? MB agreed to pay the full amoung of the car and lease.? Which means he doesn't have to pay a penny for the time he own the car.? Just the fee to the lawyer.
[snapback]162543[/snapback]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I understand the issues that you have with the E60. Somehow, the majic is gone for me. I accept the styling, I don't really love it, and it could drive better. I have also had some niggling issues with the car that don't seem to get corrected, even with repeated visits to the dealer.

Performance is important to me, but I can't really drive as fast as I would like here without losing my license.

If I lived in a country with an autobahn, I would take the 545 in a flash. But when I am restricted to 140 km/hr, I realize what I want is a car that works well, is comfortable, and has a wow factor.

I have already decided that when my lease is up, I am going to get a Merc. CLS 500.

Studies show that major disasters have less an affect on one's longterm psyche than daily irritating ones. Us humans generally are able to cope with major disasters (car wrecked, oh well, get a new one) than everday irritations. Hopefully, BMW will correct themselves when the next 5 series comes out.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Members

My further comments on pushing BMWNA, getting a lawyer, etc, are that I should not have to....I am the damn customer and for the money paid for this car expect to be treated as one...or I will go elsewhere.

A friend of mine recently turned in his 745Li at the end of the lease and got an Audi A8L. This was his 4th 7 series and his last. He too had many electronic and other quality issues, even the plastic in the interior was falling apart, in an $80k car??? Same dealer asked me "why didn't he say something to us about how unhappy he was with the car" His point and mine now is, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TOO. They are taking the position that we should be honored to spend our good money for the priviledge of driving their cars. What BMW needs to realize is that there are viable alternatives out there. I will admit maybe not as fun to drive, and not available with a manual as I prefer, but getting damn close in performance.

Since leaving a message two days ago with the dealer that I am still having the noise problem I have yet to get a call back from them. Right now I really don't care.

As I said...If this is the way I am viewed as a customer, I will go elsewhere
Old 08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Originally Posted by Farbton' date='Aug 22 2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry to say I have finally had it with BMW.?

It really ticks me off to have to make this decision, because I have driven the Audi A6, Lexus GS 430, Infinity M45, and Mercedes E500, and nothing comes close to the fun factor of driving my 545,

However, I would rather have something reliable to drive than have the piece of crap sit at the shop.

Goodbye
[snapback]162237[/snapback]
You sound like me. Welcome to the Club. ......? I don't what club that is maybe it should be the ex545i club.

Your post pulled the words out of my mouth. And I only had my 2005 545 in the shop for 4 days for a software upgrade due to jerky transmission. Now my radio won't shut off occasionally even with the keys out and the car locked. I have had the annoying beep stay on after locking the car with no lights on. My low end torque is non existant I get a heavy dragging car till the car hits 3k rpm and then a whoosh of sudden release of power making regular city driving a nightmare. The 545 will be discontinued (Why pay a premium to get a top of the line 5 to have it not perform like one and worse be discontinued in a year. )

Sadly I was actually thinking of buying a 650i to see if I could lose the problems but on second thought I probably will just go back to the Japanese, No exhilarating power but no annoying trips to the dealer . Absolutely worth it.

As far as the competition I agree I tested the same cars you did and nothing compares to the driveability of the BMW.

I have to admit I don't think I will be considering a BMW in the future. Unless I move to Germany and Commute on the Autobhan
Old 08-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Knobjockey' date='Aug 23 2005, 11:47 AM
...........and if it was not for the massive money I've lost on it I would have got rid by now but I want at least some use for the ?000's I've lost.

:thumbsdown:
[snapback]162438[/snapback]
5000 miles and 4 days at the dealer 8months of ownership and that's all it took for me get rid of my 2005 545i,(taking delivery of my new car next month).

I agree the money loss hurts :'(

but I will surely be happy when I get my dependable no nonsense no hype Japanese car.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' date='Aug 23 2005, 10:53 AM
...........I did not realize my lack of patience with it all.

it is not as fun to drive but for us working stiffs who are terribly inconvenienced by service visits, it is to high a price to pay.

I suspect that I will return to the Japanese for the obvious reasons too of value and reliability...
[snapback]162408[/snapback]
And I thought I was the only working stiff here that was inconvenienced and impatient.

The fortunate drive the E60 the blessed have the patience to tolerate it's annoyance.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Aug 22 2005, 10:51 PM
.. ....that's okay..once you decide to get another car other than a 545..you will be able to see our tails!?
[snapback]162260[/snapback]
Actually I see a lot more tails of Minivans, Suvs and Ford F150s here in the city. And oh yeah the tails of Nuts who ignore speed limits and safe driving speeds (with heavy traffic on the roads) in all sorts of Cars :thumbsdown:

Atleast the E60 can handle the speed.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

it should be called the exe60 club. I'm getting rid of my 525 in a week or two. Already got my replacment car.

Quick Reply: THAT'S IT - GOODBYE BMW