E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thanks to all that participate in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first post to the site as I felt obligated to do so after so many aided in my success. I have a 04 545i that was purchased with 102k on it. It had the normal issues that you all speak of.

I just completed the valve cover gasket replacements and the timing cover gasket replacements as well as spark plugs, alternator (that shorted out due to the oil leaking on it) coolant temp sensor, coolant exp. tank, many hoses and other things I broke in the process. I also replaced the brake booster that went out.

As stated, I could have done none of this without all the great contributors to this site. Your time, write-ups, and pictures gave me the confidence that I needed to be successful. I dont want to be a trend setter and find a new problem to do a DIY on but if it comes to that I will. Thanks again to all that contribute!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by texasgreenhead
This is my first post to the site as I felt obligated to do so after so many aided in my success. I have a 04 545i that was purchased with 102k on it. It had the normal issues that you all speak of.

I just completed the valve cover gasket replacements and the timing cover gasket replacements as well as spark plugs, alternator (that shorted out due to the oil leaking on it) coolant temp sensor, coolant exp. tank, many hoses and other things I broke in the process. I also replaced the brake booster that went out.

As stated, I could have done none of this without all the great contributors to this site. Your time, write-ups, and pictures gave me the confidence that I needed to be successful. I dont want to be a trend setter and find a new problem to do a DIY on but if it comes to that I will. Thanks again to all that contribute!
Great note! Always good to read about real success stories.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Members

I agree. This is by far the most tech savvy and helpful of the BMW forums.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

We all love this place!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by texasgreenhead

I know exactly what you mean as I've done just about everything in your list with the help of other members here. It's even more cool for me because I have some very capable members who are local that helped me out in numerous occasions. E60 forum FTW!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White