E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thank you forum members!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).
Default Thank you forum members!

Hello E60ers!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just wanted to give you folks a very LOUD shout out and THANK YOU for all the invaluable E60 related information you have shared here over the years.

You guys are all an AMAZING resource and I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart!

Fyi, I just recently had a very weak and near dead battery.

Besides having a very difficult time cranking up the mill, I also experienced all those nasty error messages, such as active steering malfunction, initialization issues, transmission fault, as well as dynamic sport (DS) transmission failure.

As you might imagine, I was both shocked, pissed and scared when all this came about.

So, after calling AAA to jump start my ride and adequately juicing up my battery, I recalled reading about all these issues from owners who already experienced these problems on the forum here.

Specifically, tips on effectively and correctly resetting and clearing all those systems, error and fault messages.

I went to this site, found the appropriate reset procedures on both the transmission AND active steering reset and followed the steps to a "T."

And guess what, folks??

Problem fixed and all systems back to normal!!

No more nasty system messages or fault errors and malfunction messages whatsoever.

SWEET.

VERY SWEET.

The feeling was simply amazing to see everything corrected and cleared like this, thanks again to all these great members on the forum!

Active steering continues to be sweet and convenient, particularly on those tight narrow streets requiring U-Turn maneuvers and the like, while both my normal transmission and DS transmission mode operates as smooth as butter - no more SLAMS I was experience during my initial battery failure!

Again, many thanks to everyone involved - you guys know who you are!

Be heard now!

Please stand up and take a well deserved BOW!

Very well done!

At any rate, I will be brining my ride to the independent BMW garage for a new 800 amp cold cranking battery.

And of course, the garage will have to re-initialize all systems afterwards and make sure everything is okay.

Lastly, I continue to take pride and love my Dinan-tuned 5er!!

For me anyway, it's still WAY more performance than I could ever use or need, even today!

Plenty of power on top, acceleration, superb handling and remarkable civility around town driving and still looks GREAT also.

The car is fast approaching 10 years old now, but still only sports 12,000 original miles on the clock thus far!

So many more miles to enjoy (hopefully) before even thinking about unloading for another ride.

Okay, many thanks ALL!

This forum is an AMAZING resource, hands down!

But it's the MEMBERS who makes it truly SPECIAL.

BEST REGARDS
Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Glad it worked out for you. This forum, and many others like it, have saved me time, aggravation, and money countless times.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Wow, how often do you drive this car? 12,000 in ten years is almost unheard of.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by KyleB
Glad it worked out for you. This forum, and many others like it, have saved me time, aggravation, and money countless times.

Amen to that! Many thanks again!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Wow, how often do you drive this car? 12,000 in ten years is almost unheard of.

ha ha! yes, everybody says the same thing.

this is obviously not our daily commute.

strictly a weekend/monthly joy rider out of town here in California.

love it for those longer road trips where I can really have fun and open things up, if you know what I mean!

BEST REGARDS
Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Congrats on solving your battery issue!

Your name reminds me of one of my favorite songs of 2011:

Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pradden
Congrats on solving your battery issue!

Your name reminds me of one of my favorite songs of 2011:
Gold Panda - Marriage (Star Slinger Remix) | HD - YouTube

Wow! Nice tune indeed! Thanks for sharing this!

BEST REGARDS
Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Members

Hey folks!

Brought my ride into the independent BMW garage this AM.

Had them replace old tired dead battery with the new InterState Mega-Tron Plus MT95R/H9 unit

New battery specifications:

Total cranking amps: 1000
Cold cranking amps: 850

Sounds adequate to me.

Again, car stored multiple fault and error codes, due to low voltage/dead battery issue.

All codes cleared, all systems reset and re-initialized, including tranny, dynamic drive and active steering.

Finally, car was road tested and thoroughly safety inspected, with NO messages or error codes returned.

Yes, all is well now on the home front.

Many thanks again everyone!

BEST REGARDS