E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TeleService- What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by pubsmeister' date='Oct 21 2005, 12:09 AM
Getting close to my one year anniversary and trying to decide about renewing BMW Assist. In reviewing Idrive screens and reading the manual was reminded about a function called Teleservice. Help me out here, friends-

1. Is TeleService active/available in the US?

2. Anyone out there automatically notified by BMW to make service appointments (i'm coming up on 15k oil change so don't know yet)?

3. Is TeleService part of BMW Assist or a separate service you get no matter what?

4. When i go to the Idrive screen BMW service settings submenu "service status" and "enable services" the progress bar slowly advances but i can't tell whether anything actually happened. How can I tell?

5. Finally, slightly unrelated issue. Under BMW service settings and submenu Profile the license plate number can be included. The manual implies that your local dealer must perform this function. Anyone have this done? Does it provide any extra functionality to put the plate number in?

Thanks
[snapback]186901[/snapback]
My dealer never called me for service even though iDrive stated that the request was sent to service dealer in a specific date. I called dealer myself to setup an appointment for oil change and fixed tons of iDrive related issues. Dealer also replaced the wiper blades too. I didn't ask for this one though

They upgrade the iDrive software and most of the iDrive issues are gone. Still need to test the auto-headlight. Dealer didn't say anything about the software version in my car
Old 10-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

After reading many responds. I am still confuse...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Engine: 530i

Was in for service two days ago and i had to set up my own appointment to have the car inspected. So i asked about it why my car had not notified them the manager informed me that if Assist has expired it does not notify them or maybe they just dont respond but, in my case it was not the later. Now i know that it does work because my first oil change and inspection the dealer called me and said that the car had notified them of the situation. I am thinking about renewing my assist just for kicks and to hopefully get another upgrade and maybe the tcu may crash and they have to replace it with a bluetooth one. Also wanted to get a non scheduled oil change and the SA said it was a waste he would take my money but it was not really nessacary so i said that if my car started smokeing or is sludged out after warrenty then it is on U guys had him note it on my invoice and filed it away in my drawer. By the way pubmister where in Richmond do you reside seeing alot more e60 these day you may have been one of them.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Oct 26 2005, 03:59 PM
After reading many responds.? I am still confuse...
[snapback]189053[/snapback]

See my response in this thread.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17478
Old 10-27-2005, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Oct 26 2005, 04:13 PM
Was in for service two days ago and i had to set up my own appointment to have the car inspected.? So i asked about it why my car had not notified them the manager informed me that if Assist has expired it does not notify them or maybe they just dont respond but, in my case it was not the later.? Now i know that it does work because my first oil change and inspection the dealer called me and said that the car had notified them of the situation.? I am thinking about renewing my assist just for kicks and to hopefully get another upgrade and maybe the tcu may crash and they have to replace it with a bluetooth one.? Also wanted to get a non scheduled oil change and the SA said it was a waste he would take my money but it was not really nessacary so i said that if my car started smokeing or is sludged out after warrenty then it is on U guys had him note it on my invoice and filed it away in my drawer.? By the way pubmister where in Richmond do you reside seeing alot more e60 these day you may have been one of them.
[snapback]189059[/snapback]
In my case, it could be the latter reason. My assist is not expired yet ... Had to make the appointment for 1st oil change by myself.