E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Telecommunications - Update Services?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I have a question. When you go into Info, then Telecom., then Update Services, what is this supposed to do? When I do this, it goes about 4 bars and then stops. Somthing wrong? I do not see this mentioned in the manual anywhere. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Sep 2 2004, 11:55 PM
Hello, I have a question. When you go into Info, then Telecom., then Update Services, what is this supposed to do? When I do this, it goes about 4 bars and then stops. Somthing wrong? I do not see this mentioned in the manual anywhere. Thanks.
I have the same issue, not sure what is going on either.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:02 PM
JDN
Contributors

That has happened to a number of us. I called BMW Assist and they sent me to the black hole, the dealer, saying it was a dealer problem, not theirs. I thought there was supposed to be a profile of my car showing my license plate number etc. available to me through the communications screen if I was subscribed to BMW Assist.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Members

I have the same problem with mine... My dealer said they fixed it the last 3 times I went there. And when I get back home nothing has changed.. Im also having problems with the FTM..."tire Moniter" When I try to set it. It says "initializing" and stays like that forever. It doesnt do a damn thing. BMW and iDrive is starting to piss me off. :thumbsdown: :bashwall:
Old 09-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

I had the same issue with the FTM until I actually read the manual which said somthing like you have to do it while the car is in motion and somthing else. That now works. But the Update Services does not.

JDN - when you go in there you can see your license plate info if you ever got around to giving it to BMW assist. Mine just says "Unknown" since I never gave them the number.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:19 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Sep 3 2004, 08:13 AM
JDN - when you go in there you can see your license plate info if you ever got around to giving it to BMW assist. Mine just says "Unknown" since I never gave them the number.
Skipper, I have zilch in my iDrive screen for profile. I do not even have a profile. I have signed with BMW Assist and they do have my license plate ID or did have it originally. I do not see any big advantage other than the critical crash notification deal. <_<
Old 09-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

skipper is right, when you change/add to the tire pressure, you need to re-initialize the FTM. To do it you have to start it then drive for a while so the system can get a read on the speed of your tire rotations with the air pressure. The first time I did this, it took something like 5-10 minutes of driving around before the screen changed from "Initializing" to "working" or whatever the operational mode says. I was a bit surprised by how long it took and almost went home thinking it was malfunctioning.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Members

I will give the FTM another try today.. But Still the update services and Profile is all messed up and wont work. You guys think with all the iDrive problems they might have a complete recall on idrive and replace the system?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My update services used to work, but it gets to the 4 bars and times out. My friends e60 has this working...

James
Old 09-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Members

Mine does the 4 bars and then times out as well. It started doing this after software upgrade to 12.12

Quick Reply: Telecommunications - Update Services?