E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TCU unit replaced and now got a new option in the menu system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,

I've just got my car back (but not for long as there are some issues outstanding still!)

Anyway I had a problem with my BMW Assist, and the unit turned out to be faulty. So BMW replaced it and I've now got a new unit and software upgrade.
Now when i go into the communication menu, I've got the option for BMW Online (which I never had before), but when the service tries to connect I get the message back "This service has not been activated for your vehicle yet".

I've spoken to BMW online who are moving my profile from the BMW Assist (only system), to the BMW Assist and BMW ConnectedDrive profile. Hoping that it will work after that.

Has anyone else had their TCU unit upgraded and got this option? Have you managed to the service working?

Or has anyone retrofitted ConnectedDrive who could shed some light on this?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Members

Just to let everyone know:

Since having this new unit put in my car I've had the new BMW Online menu option - The car did have to be re-coded. My car is 2006 June model and 'cannot' have BMW Online from factory or be retrofitted (so I was told).

But after speaking to many different people I came across one guy who has managed to get everything working for me - Phil at ConnectedDrive (UK).
He has manually had to change the profile/details on their system to allow my car to have the ConnectedDrive access.

I am now happily reporting that its working great - despite begin told it would not work with the car.

Best of all it was all done under warranty work - Any dealer can install the new unit, the hard part is getting ConnectedDrive to do their part!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by h2009' post='905355' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:28 PM
Just to let everyone know:

Since having this new unit put in my car I've had the new BMW Online menu option - The car did have to be re-coded. My car is 2006 June model and 'cannot' have BMW Online from factory or be retrofitted (so I was told).

But after speaking to many different people I came across one guy who has managed to get everything working for me - Phil at ConnectedDrive (UK).
He has manually had to change the profile/details on their system to allow my car to have the ConnectedDrive access.

I am now happily reporting that its working great - despite begin told it would not work with the car.

Best of all it was all done under warranty work - Any dealer can install the new unit, the hard part is getting ConnectedDrive to do their part!
Excellent news and a free one, i love it when we get free stuff and its working