E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

tapping rear speakers to a hi.lo converter

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have wired the rear speakers to line converter and org speakers still work fine but think I have lined up the speaker polarity wrong.
Rear speakers have 2 connectors on the back of them plugging speaker back in either port it still works.

I am unsure of which wires on oem rear speakers are + n - I think this maybe my issue oem speakers don't seem to care what way round they go but line converter must do?

Line converter has a 12v direct to battery n a earth then a remote that goes to my amp which is hifonics hawk. The amp also is then wired direct to battery. Amp and line converter has power and all turns off then car goes sleep so I am happy about that!.

I am using hawk amp to run 1 sub I am unsure on amp settings for the sub I will contact manufacture but how's the sub wired?... do I wire +L and +R. In to sub + terminal and -L and -R in to sub - terminal..and do I wire the other end to the amp in the separate terminals +l and -l and +r and -r

Hope some one can advise I got some audio out the sub buy it cut out in to diag mode so think i have tapped factory polarity wrong? Also what to set amp to to only get base out of it

Thanks, Matt

pics to follow once all working!