E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Talk about US Spec Amber Turn Signals.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004 | 05:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 03 Honda RC51 03 Toyota Tacoma

I havent called BMW yet to discuss this issue. Calling them this morning though. Im also going to TRY and get one from a wrecked E60 that our collision center has. Going to examine it to see how it comes apart to get to the reflectors. Keep ya posted.................... Haven't found one from the collision center yet. From what Im seeing this isnt going to be easily done with ALOT of money involved. After going out in the shop this morning and staring at one, the amber reflector that you are wanting to replace is part of the capsule that runs across and around the headlight section. Looking at anywhere from $500 and up each side to get the headlight, and that doesnt come with the xenon bulb OR control unit. Might have to wait and find some in a junk yard??????
Old 10-29-2004 | 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwpartsguy' date='Oct 29 2004, 03:03 AM
I havent called BMW yet to discuss this issue. Calling them this morning though. Im also going to TRY and get one from a wrecked E60 that our collision center has. Going to examine it to see how it comes apart to get to the reflectors. Keep ya posted.................... ? Haven't found one from the collision center yet. From what Im seeing this isnt going to be easily done with ALOT of money involved. After going out in the shop this morning and staring at one, the amber reflector that you are wanting to replace is part of the capsule that runs across and around the headlight section. Looking at anywhere from $500 and up each side to get the headlight, and that doesnt come with the xenon bulb OR control unit. Might have to wait and find some in a junk yard??????
[snapback]50655[/snapback]
$500 each is expensive...at least for me :'(. but thanks a lot for your effort . hope you'll bring us some good news later .
Old 10-29-2004 | 12:40 PM
JDN
Contributors

I like amber better anyway. Very fitting for cat eyes and Halloween!
Old 10-29-2004 | 12:40 PM
Members

$500 each is expensive...at least for me :'(. but thanks a lot for your effort . hope you'll bring us some good news later .
[snapback]50821[/snapback]
[/quote]

I dont think it would be worth that much just to have the amber reflector gone........
Old 10-29-2004 | 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwpartsguy' date='Oct 29 2004, 10:40 AM
I dont think it would be worth that much just to have the amber reflector gone........
[snapback]50824[/snapback]
agree . oh, btw, i've noticed something from your posts and i'm not trying to be the smarta$$ here. but you just need to click on "reply" and you are quoting that person's post. if you want to quote multiple posts, just click on "quote" on every single post and hit "add reply". then you'll have one long post with multiple quotes in it .
Old 10-29-2004 | 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

On ebay.de there are more and more euro headlights sold without the amber side marker.

You can always check that out too..
Old 10-29-2004 | 03:47 PM
Members

Thanks! I'll try it that way. Im still learning.
Old 10-30-2004 | 09:36 PM
Members

So I guess this becomes a NO GO....Dang I thought would have them. Hope someone comes up with an upgrade on this. <_<
Old 10-31-2004 | 12:44 AM
Contributors

You can change out the bulb which will give it a slightly less amber look but not much. The sidemarkers are real easy to swap out as well. Got rid of those amber guys.
Old 10-31-2004 | 06:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 31 2004, 02:44 AM
You can change out the bulb which will give it a slightly less amber look but not much.? The sidemarkers are real easy to swap out as well.? Got rid of those amber guys.?
[snapback]51324[/snapback]

Hey Kigerka, so you took the amber section out? whats underneath? Do you have pics of what it looks like now? This means there has to be a part number for that small amber piece.

Quick Reply: Talk about US Spec Amber Turn Signals.