E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Switching car: need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

I fought for months with my dealer and BMW in order to get several problems fixed. My car had ALL the problems described in this forum like groaning doors, squeeking seats, rattling dashboard. In addition I also had a black box (ECU)changed, the complete steering assembly replaced, seat belts fasteners replaced.

As you can well imagine I was totally fed up with my car and so, after several written complains to BMW Italia and two hundred visits to my dealer (they have the misfortune to stay on my way back home), ten days ago they offered to me to settle down the matter offering to me a very good deal for a 535d in their stock. The car is a black sapphire sedan, with beige dakota leather and really a lot of options, but:

-it's not a week 9/05 model (no ruthenian dials, no soft-touch plastics, no updated braking system)
-it has standard steering wheel (I love M-style)
-it has full electric standard seats (i'd prefer comfort seats)

So, here is where I need the suggestion from you guys: should I do the deal and get this very well equipped 535d at the same monthly rate of my current 530d or would be better to wait a little bit more and, working hard on the dealer, try to get the same deal for a week 9/05 car, specceed with what I want? Against this option is that I don't know if I'll be able to get the same deal and secondly, I should wait for at least three months.

I'm really confused. What to do?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 28 2005, 03:34 PM
I fought for months with my dealer and BMW in order to get several problems fixed. My car had ALL the problems described in this forum like groaning doors, squeeking seats, rattling dashboard. In addition I also had a black box (ECU)changed, the complete steering assembly replaced, seat belts fasteners replaced.

As you can well imagine I was totally fed up with my car and so, after several written complains to BMW Italia and two hundred visits to my dealer (they have the misfortune to stay on my way back home), ten days ago they offered to me to settle down the matter offering to me a very good deal for a 535d in their stock.? The car is a? black sapphire sedan, with beige dakota leather and really a lot of options, but:

-it's not a week 9/05 model (no ruthenian dials, no soft-touch plastics, no updated braking system)

So, here is where I need the suggestion from you guys: should I do the deal and get this very well equipped 535d at the same monthly rate of my current 530d or would be better to wait a little bit more and, working hard on the dealer, try to get the same deal for a week 9/05 car, specceed with what I want? Against this option is that I don't know if I'll be able to get the same deal and secondly, I should wait for at least three months.

[snapback]107892[/snapback]
In my opinion I would stick out for a new car with your choice of options & colour etc. I bought my current E60 straight out of the showroom with a discount and regreted it. Hence reason for changing to the spec I really want.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 28 2005, 02:40 PM
[quote name='Lucky' date='Mar 28 2005, 03:34 PM']I fought for months with my dealer and BMW in order to get several problems fixed. My car had ALL the problems described in this forum like groaning doors, squeeking seats, rattling dashboard. In addition I also had a black box (ECU)changed, the complete steering assembly replaced, seat belts fasteners replaced.

As you can well imagine I was totally fed up with my car and so, after several written complains to BMW Italia and two hundred visits to my dealer (they have the misfortune to stay on my way back home), ten days ago they offered to me to settle down the matter offering to me a very good deal for a 535d in their stock.? The car is a? black sapphire sedan, with beige dakota leather and really a lot of options, but:

[snapback]107892[/snapback]
In my opinion I would stick out for a new car with your choice of options & colour etc. I bought my current E60 straight out of the showroom with a discount and regreted it. Hence reason for changing to the spec I really want.
[snapback]107897[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'd agree, buy what you really want, not what they want to sell you
Old 03-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

I think if they offfer you a deal then the issue of taking the car back from you is already agreed by BMW Italia. Probably now the dealer is just trying to utilize the opportunity to get rid of the stock car. I wud pursue for the new car. BMW and the garage anyway will not be at a great loss because of it.