E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof question and help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.
Thumbs up

Hi Boys and Girls!!

I'm in need of your services.. I noticed my sunroof is missing the built in pop up wind deflector. I contacted BMW it took them 2 week to get the part in and I just received a call from my SA who said that I have to set up an appointment to have it put in. The kicker is that he said they have to take my roof liner off and cant guarantee my car will be ready that day or the next that I should allow up to a week for replacement just in case something goes wrong... Excuse my language but WTF is up with that.. I only recently got my car back after two weeks of them trying to clean and replace my roof liner after one of their techs put his greasy hands all over it and thought it was ok to give it back like that..

So I was wondering if anyone had this issue of the pop up gone missing, replaced. Also I was wondering if anyone can take a picture of the track and the how the pop wind deflector is locked in so I can see if this is something I can pop in. Its seems strange to me that they have to take the inside roof liner off to put something in that is only viewable on the outside track of the car...Judging from my track it look like it can pop in the track onto grooves that are visable..

Please help this girl out b/c i feel like i'm being played.. and you know I dont likes being played.. hahah

Thanks boys and girls

Jil
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Hi Jil, I don't know if they really need to take the inside roof liner off, but I am sure others will chime in. If nobody posts pictures, I will take pictures when I get home and post tomorrow. Personally, if my dealer ever tries to return to me my car after their tech soils my liner so bad that it needs replacement, I would immediately look for another dealer. G/L with the deflector.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1021144' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Jil, I don't know if they really need to take the inside roof liner off, but I am sure others will chime in. If nobody posts pictures, I will take pictures when I get home and post tomorrow. Personally, if my dealer ever tries to return to me my car after their tech soils my liner so bad that it needs replacement, I would immediately look for another dealer. G/L with the deflector.
+1 joe wtf?? your dealer sux! GL with this, it seems silly to have to take your headliner out. how did it come up missing? or was it never there when u bought the car??
Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1021144' date='Sep 30 2009, 12:12 PM

The deflector went missing while it was at their dealership so after all is done I plan on moving on since they are paying for the replacement....
Thanks for your reply though...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1021163' date='Sep 30 2009, 12:27 PM
+1 joe wtf?? your dealer sux! GL with this, it seems silly to have to take your headliner out. how did it come up missing? or was it never there when u bought the car??

It was there when I bought the car, My car was at the dealership b/c water was coming in from the sunroof so they had it over two weeks to fix that problem. i opend the sunroof the other day and while out of the car I noticed it was gone. i called my SA he wasnt in another sa told me not all sunroof come with it.. which i didnt believe I called the parts dept they laughed and said that this so not the case. My SA called me back said they will put one in since my car had it when i brought it to them for other repairs.. waited two weeks and i feel like they are giving me a run around...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='1021175' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:35 AM
It was there when I bought the car, My car was at the dealership b/c water was coming in from the sunroof so they had it over two weeks to fix that problem. i opend the sunroof the other day and while out of the car I noticed it was gone. i called my SA he wasnt in another sa told me not all sunroof come with it.. which i didnt believe I called the parts dept they laughed and said that this so not the case. My SA called me back said they will put one in since my car had it when i brought it to them for other repairs.. waited two weeks and i feel like they are giving me a run around...
WHAAAAA????? your SA is the definition of Douche Bag! omg thats unbelievable jil i suggest you call BMW NA and try and get them involved or something!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Jil - First off, how you are? I haven't seen you around town lately. Hope you're well.

I had this problem on my E39. They had to take the roof/roof liner apart to fix it properly. I was living in San Fran at the time, but if I remember correctly, it took around 4-5 days. It's not a quick fix job. Why? Not really sure, as it seemed pretty minimal. Nonetheless, I got a loaner for the week and finally got my car back with the sunroof fixed. My deflector wasn't missing, it was just bent and rattling, so it had to be replaced.

Hope this helps ease your concerns.

/C
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1021179' date='Sep 30 2009, 12:37 PM
Jil - First off, how you are? I haven't seen you around town lately. Hope you're well.

I had this problem on my E39. They had to take the roof/roof liner apart to fix it properly. I was living in San Fran at the time, but if I remember correctly, it took around 4-5 days. It's not a quick fix job. Why? Not really sure, as it seemed pretty minimal. Nonetheless, I got a loaner for the week and finally got my car back with the sunroof fixed. My deflector wasn't missing, it was just bent and rattling, so it had to be replaced.

Hope this helps ease your concerns.

/C

Hey C.. I'm doing great except for this minor problem!! How are you and congrats to you and your wife on your little addition. ... I havent seen you either I've been looking for both of your cars everytime one passes me by...but instantly I notice they are not,lol..
Yes that eases my concerns thanks for your help.. I've made a lot of complaints about the dealership and my Sa at the time.. they gave me a new guy who is great but I thought maybe they were getting even,lol... He said they will give me a loaner which is a plus since I didnt buy from them and I'm out of warranty. So judging from your post this is a normal time frame..I guess i'll set it up and put a request in for a 335 loaner, to bad they dont have an m5 lol.. for the hassel they are given me,lol...

Thanks again and I'll keep my eyes open for u on the road,lol.

Jil
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

This just sounds like ineptitude all around at your dealership Jil! I hope Gilligan and the Skipper fix your car quickly!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='1021458' date='Sep 30 2009, 05:04 PM
"I hope Gilligan and the Skipper fix your car quickly! "
hahaha

Quick Reply: Sunroof question and help